This is a recipe for air fryer breaded pork chops are boneless 1-inch pork chops breaded in panko and grated Parmesan then air fried until crispy and golden brown.
Who doesn’t love a crispy breaded pork chop? And who knew you could cook one in the air fryer?
It surprised me that they turned out so juicy and tender. The best thing is that it cuts out a significant amount of oil by cooking it in the air fryer.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
- 1″ Thick Boneless Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan
- Large Eggs
- Black Pepper
How to Cook Pork Chops in Air Fryer
- Begin by placing panko crumbs in a shallow dish with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until it reaches a golden brown.
- Allow it to cool and then add the grated Parmesan cheese. Stir to mix.
- In another shallow dish, scramble 1-2 eggs. Begin dipping pork chops in the egg and shake off any excess.
- Then coat each pork chop with the panko-parmesan mixture. Press panko into the pork chop to ensure it sticks.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil using a non-aerosol oil spray bottle. Place the breaded pork chops inside the basket.
- Set the air fryer timer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer to 6 minutes.
- Flip the pork chops and if you notice they are looking dry, lightly spray them with additional oil, then set the timer for another 6 minutes.
How do you know when a pork chop is done?
A pork chop internal temperature should reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
According to the USDA, even if the pork chop is still slightly pink at this temperature it is okay to eat. It used to be thought that light pink pork chops were unsafe to be consumed, but testing has shown that it is safe.
Try these other delicious air fryer recipes!
- Baked Potato
- Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Spiedini
- Fried Mushrooms
- Fried Pickles
- Honey Glazed Ham
- Pickle-Brined Chicken Nuggets
- Pork Schnitzel
Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
- 2-1" Boneless Pork Chops
- ½ cup Panko
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan
- 1-2 Large Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a shallow dish, add panko, salt, pepper, and olive oil, stir. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until golden brown. Let cool.
- Add grated Parmesan to the panko. In another shallow dish, scramble 1-2 eggs. Dip each pork chop in egg, followed by panko. Press the panko into the pork chop to adhere.
- Lightly spray air fryer basket with oil and add breaded pork chops. Set to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 6 minutes. Flip, and then cook for an additional 6 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.