This is an air fryer chicken strips recipe that is juicy and crispy with panko breadcrumbs. They’re done cooking in just 12 minutes!
I love a good crispy chicken tender and making them in the air fryer gets them really nice and crunchy without the extra oil saturation.
This recipe for air fryer chicken strips is so good you won’t want to cook them any other way!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Large Eggs
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Regular Breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil
- All-Purpose Flour
- Smoked Paprika
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
How to Air Fry Chicken Strips
First, tenderize the chicken breasts with a mallet. Slice chicken into strips by cutting on the long-edge into 1/2″ thick pieces.
Scramble eggs in a bowl. In another dish, add the flour and all of the seasonings, stir to combine.
In a microwave-safe bowl, add all of the breadcrumbs and olive oil, stir well. Microwave the panko for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until they are lightly browned.
Dredge chicken strips into the flour, then dip in egg, and then panko breadcrumbs. Press the panko into the chicken to adhere.
Spray air fryer basket with oil spray to prevent sticking. Add a single layer of chicken and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 4-6 minutes.
If breadcrumbs look dry, spray with additional oil.
Cook Time and Temperature
Air fryer chicken strips in this recipe cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 12 minutes until golden brown and the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Be sure to flip them halfway and if the breadcrumbs look dry, spray with additional oil.
Cooked chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit for safe consumption.
Chicken strips are always a great freezer meal to cook later. Simply cut them into strips, bread them, and then freeze them for later.
When you’re ready to have them for a meal, do not worry about thawing them. Frozen chicken tenders are easy to cook in an air fryer.
Frozen Cook Times
- Spray with cooking oil.
- Cook for 6 minutes on each side at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If they are not heated through to the center after cooking, I recommend keeping them in the air fryer basket for a few additional minutes without turning it on.
Try these other delicious air fryer recipes!
- Breaded Pork Chops
- Chicken Parmesan
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- French Fries
- Fried Mushrooms
- Fried Pickles
- Game Day Recipes
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Hooter’s Chicken Wings Copycat Recipe
- Juicy Steak
- Naked Chicken Wings
- Pickle-Brined Chicken Nuggets
- Toasted Ravioli
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups Regular Breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Tenderize chicken breasts with a mallet. Slice chicken into strips by cutting on the long-edge into 1/2" thick pieces.
- In a bowl, add eggs and scramble. In another bowl, add flour and all seasonings. In a microwave-safe bowl, add all of the breadcrumbs and olive oil, stir well. Microwave panko for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until golden brown.
- Dredge chicken strips in flour, then dip in egg, followed by panko breadcrumbs. Press panko into the chicken to adhere.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil spray. Add a single layer of chicken and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for a total of 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway. If breadcrumbs look dry, spray with additional oil.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 555Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 193mgSodium 822mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 43g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.