Try out this air fryer hamburgers recipe with garlic aioli. It is fast and something that your entire family will enjoy on those busy weeknights.
Juicy hamburgers are an all-time classic American dish that everyone should know how to make. They go by beef burgers, ground beef sandwiches, beef patties, and hamburger patties, but no matter what you call them they’re all delicious! This dish takes the classic burger and steps it up.
It’s filled with flavors of garlic and onion and some spice from black pepper to help create a rich flavorful dish. This is the ultimate recipe, and if you have an air fryer, it will be super easy for you to follow.
This is one of those easy air fryer recipes that doesn’t take a lot of effort even if it’s your first time.
I love this dish because it takes less than 25 minutes to make from start to finish, sometimes even under 20 minutes. It’s something I know everyone in the house will eat and can be made on a whim.
The sauce is a rich, creamy mayonnaise mixed with zesty lemon and a pinch of minced garlic, pairing nicely with the hamburger.
When you feel stumped on what to make for dinner, this should be your go-to, especially with summer coming right up it’s a total game-changer.
Can You Make Hamburger in an Air Fryer?
When you think of hamburgers, you may assume they’re being grilled. Well, believe it or not, another option is the air fryer. The air fryer allows the burger to become perfectly cooked with a tasty outside and a juicy, tender inside.
An air fryer can help cook the entire patty within just a few minutes and takes a lot less time than firing up the grill.
Air Fryer Hamburger Ingredients
Most of the items in this list are things you normally already have in your pantry and help give your burgers some extra flavor. The garlic aioli sauce is super easy to make with just 5 simple ingredients.
- Hamburger Buns
- Ground Beef
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Seasoned Salt
- Black Pepper
Garlic Aioli Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper
How Do You Cook Hamburgers in the Air Fryer?
- In a large bowl, mix together raw ground beef with all of the seasonings.
- Divide ground beef evenly into 4 balls.
- Form patties out of each ball that are about 1 inch thick, or use a burger press.
- Place two patties in the air fryer at a time and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes, then flip, and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until it reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit in the center.
- In the final minute, add a slice of cheese to melt on top of the patty.
- While it cooks, make garlic aioli in a small dish.
- Whisk together ingredients and serve on hamburgers with a toasted bun.
Pro Tip: To prevent the patties from bowing in the center as they cook, make a shallow well in the center of each patty by pressing with the back of a spoon or with your thumb.
How Long Do You Cook a Hamburger in an Air Fryer?
Depending on how done you like your hamburger will depend on how long you need to cook the hamburger in the air fryer. For this recipe, I recommend a cook time of five minutes on one side and flipping it for another three-five minutes.
This will cook it to an internal temperature of 160° F, with some variance depending on the size and thickness of your burgers. You can check the temperature regularly with a meat thermometer to ensure the proper temperature. Here is a guide you can follow.
- Rare: 120-125 degrees Fahrenheit
- Medium Rare: 130-135 degrees Fahrenheit
- Medium Well: 150-155 degrees Fahrenheit
- Well Done: 160-165 degrees Fahrenheit
Beef burgers always need to be cooked properly and, in many cases, should be cooked to 160°F. However, many people prefer a little lower temperature for a juicer hamburger, much like a steak. You pick the temperature that best suits your preferences.
My favorite cheese slices for burgers are American cheese or pepper jack cheese. Other optional toppings include adding green leafy lettuce, fresh onion, and slices of tomato.
And don’t forget the garlic aioli sauce!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Hamburgers?
One of the best things about making burgers for dinner is that you can easily make this a well-rounded meal. You can pair it with potato salad, sweet potato fries, fruit salad, baked beans, or coleslaw. Here are some of my favorite recipes that go really well with air fryer hamburgers:
There are so many more dishes that will enhance your meal, it all depends on what you want! This dish is versatile because you can eat it by itself or with sides.
Can You Freeze Hamburgers?
If you choose to not eat your hamburgers right away, you can freeze them for up to three months.
You have a few ways of doing so:
Form the patties, and before cooking them, you can toss them in a bag with parchment paper in between each layer. Throw them into the freezer with a label date.
If you have already cooked your hamburgers, the meat freezes really well and can be saved for up to three months.
If you are looking for a way to thaw them, you can throw them into the refrigerator and then reheat them in the air fryer for a few moments.
If you are looking for one of the best hamburgers, this is one of the best you can follow that takes less time and has a scrumptious sauce to try too. This upgrades any sauces you will put on your hamburger and takes the dish to the next level. It will feel like a gourmet burger right at home!
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- BBQ Pork Burger Sliders
- Grandpa’s BBQ Pork Burgers
- Instant Pot Hamburger Helper
- Maid-Rite Copycat Recipe
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Seasoned Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
Garlic Aioli Sauce
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- Dash of Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together raw ground beef with all of the seasonings. Divide ground beef evenly into 4 balls. Form patties out of each ball that are about 1 inch thick, or use a patty press.
Tip: To prevent the patties from bowing in the center as they cook, make a shallow well in the center by pressing with the back of a spoon or with your thumb.
- Place two patties in the air fryer at a time and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes, then flip, and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until it reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit in the center. In the final minute, add a slice of cheese to melt on top of the patty.
- While it cooks, make garlic aioli in a small dish. Whisk together ingredients and serve on hamburgers with a toasted bun.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 632Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 112mgSodium 1001mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 36g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.