This is an air fryer Hooter’s buffalo shrimp recipe. It’s a copycat recipe made with a light batter and tossed with hot sauce. It tastes just like Hooter’s shrimp and cooks quickly for an easy dinner!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
If you’re like us and no longer have a Hooter’s restaurant nearby, try making this copycat version at home.
It’s made by coating the shrimp in a light batter, air frying until crunchy, and then tossing in buffalo sauce.
It’s very similar to my air fryer Hooter’s chicken wing copycat recipe. Anytime I made the Hooter’s chicken wings I received comments that the sauce tasted like the shrimp we order there. I decided to give the recipe a try with shrimp and it really did taste like it.
- Raw Large Shrimp, deveined, tail off
- All-Purpose Flour
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
How to Make Air Fryer Hooter’s Buffalo Shrimp
- In a shallow dish, combine flour and spices. Coat shrimp in flour.
- Refrigerate shrimp for 15 minutes to allow the coating to adhere.
- Add butter and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30-60 seconds.
- Remove shrimp from the refrigerator. Spray cooking oil in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Add a single layer of shrimp, and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Cook for 6 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping halfway.
- Repeat until all shrimp is cooked.
- Toss shrimp with sauce and serve.
How to Reheat Shrimp in the Air Fryer
I recommend reheating at a lower temperature so that the shrimp does not become chewy or rubbery.
Set the temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side to warm them up. If you have a lot of sauce on the shrimp, I recommend adding a layer of parchment paper or lining the basket with foil so it does not become too messy.
I find that reheating in the air fryer helps food retain some of its crispness that often gets soggy when reheating in the microwave.
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Air Fryer Frozen Popcorn Shrimp
- Honey Garlic Smoked Shrimp
- Keto Oven-Baked Zesty Italian Shrimp
- Shrimp in Garlic Wine Sauce
Air Fryer Hooter’s Buffalo Shrimp
- 1 pound Raw Large Shrimp, deveined, tail off
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup Butter
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper. Dredge shrimp in flour, shake off any excess.
- Place shrimp in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow the coating to adhere.
- Meanwhile, add butter and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30-60 seconds in the microwave until butter has melted.
- Remove shrimp from the refrigerator. Spray oil in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Add a single layer of shrimp, and lightly spray with cooking oil. Set the temperature to 390 degrees and cook for 3 minutes, then flip, and cook for 3 minutes more. Will likely need to cook in two separate batches until all shrimp is cooked.
- Toss shrimp with buffalo sauce and serve.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.
Leave a Reply