Crispy air fryer loaded mashed potato wontons filled with creamy mashed potatoes, bacon bits, cheddar cheese, and then air fried in a crispy wonton wrapper.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Loaded Mashed Potato Wontons
- Wonton Wrappers
- Mashed Potatoes (Approximately 3-4 medium potatoes to make 2 cups mashed)
- Sour Cream
- Cooked Bacon or Bacon Bits
- Cheddar Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil
- Green Onion
How to Make Air Fryer Loaded Mashed Potato Wontons
- Begin by mixing together mashed potatoes, sour cream, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, chives, salt, and black pepper.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of potato mixture onto the center of a wonton wrapper.
- Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water.
- Place one corner to meet the opposite corner by folding over into a triangle. Press the edges together to close the wrapper.
- Brush the wrappers with oil.
- Coat the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Place the wontons in the basket and cook them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, flipping halfway. Cook them until they are golden brown.
Want to pan-fry them instead?
- Add 1″ of vegetable or canola oil to a large pan. Skip brushing the wontons with oil.
- Add wontons to the oil and cook for 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden.
Try these other delicious air fryer recipes!
- 50 Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Baby Potatoes
- Chicken Parmesan
- French Fries
- Hooter’s Wings (Copycat Recipe)
- Olive Garden’s Lasagna Fritta (Copycat Recipe)
- Juicy Steak
- Mushrooms & Onions
- Naked Chicken Wings
- Stuffed Mushrooms