Crispy air fryer naked chicken wings with the option to coat them in hot sauce, teriyaki glaze, sweet chili, honey garlic, or just eat them plain! Great for parties, Super Bowl, or barbecues!
Chicken wings or drumettes are really simple to make in the air fryer.
There’s NO preheating involved, no frying in a vat of oil, and the skin gets golden brown and crispy as though they were fried!
You don’t have to continuously watch them either.
Once you pop them in the tray and set the timer you can get other things done. It will stop cooking once the timer goes off and then you can reset it if you need more cook time.
Can you use Pam nonstick spray in an air fryer?
It’s best not to. Air fryer baskets actually do not tolerate the aerosol spray. It begins peeling the coating off the basket.
How do you get the food to stop sticking? Use a non-aerosol spray bottle of olive, vegetable, or canola oil or you can rub coconut oil directly on the basket.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Naked Chicken Wings/Drumettes
- Chicken Wings or Drumettes
- Choice of Oil
Optional Hot Wing Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (or your choice of hot sauce)
How to Air Fry Chicken Wings or Drumettes
- Thaw chicken wings or drumettes if not already done so.
- Spray air fryer basket with olive oil or coat the basket with coconut oil.
- Place a single layer of chicken in the basket and lightly spray the tops with oil to help them achieve a golden brown color as they cook.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer to 10 minutes. Flip after 10 minutes, and set the timer for another 10 minutes.
If you cook more then a single layer at once they tend to stick to each other and not cook evenly.
How to Make Hot Wing Sauce
- Add the butter to a small microwave-safe dish and cook until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Add Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and pour it over top of the chicken wings in a bowl.
- Toss the chicken to coat them.
They are delicious if eaten with ranch or blue cheese dressing as a dipping sauce.
Try these other great air fryer recipes!
- 50 Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Baby Potatoes
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- French Fries
- Fried Mushrooms
- Fried Pickles
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Hooter’s Chicken Wings
- Loaded Mashed Potato Wontons
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Toasted Ravioli
- 1 lb Chicken Wings/Drumettes, thawed
Optional Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce (or hot sauce of your choice)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- Spray the basket with olive, canola, or vegetable oil
- Coat the basket with coconut oil
- Spray inside of air fryer basket with oil. Add a single layer of chicken wings/drumettes. Lightly spray the tops of the chicken with olive oil as well.
- Cook the chicken at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes until they reach a golden brown and are cooked through.
Optional Wing Sauce
- Melt butter in a small microwave-safe dish. Stir in Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Place chicken wings in a bowl and pour the sauce over top. Toss to coat chicken. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 393Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 98mgSodium 472mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 20g
Nutrition does not include wing sauce. Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.