This is a recipe for pickle-brined chicken nuggets in air fryer that are marinated in dill pickle juice then coated in breadcrumbs and air fried until crispy golden brown.
Do you love pickles? This should be next on your list of recipes to make!
Chicken nuggets in the air fryer are so easy to make. Allow the chicken to marinate in dill pickle juice, then bread it, and air fry it. It has such a unique, delicious taste.
Ingredients for Pickle-Brined Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Dill Pickle Juice
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
How to Air Fry Chicken Nuggets
- First, cut chicken breasts into 2″ pieces. Pour 1 ½ to 2 cups of dill pickle juice from a pickle jar into a large bowl.
- Add chicken to the bowl and mix chicken around so that each piece is covered in pickle juice. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe dish, add breadcrumbs and olive oil, stir, and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until it begins to brown.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and coat each piece in breadcrumbs.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil spray and add a single layer of chicken nuggets.
- Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 4 minutes. Flip each chicken nugget and cook an additional 4 minutes.
Tip If breadcrumbs look dry, spray the chicken with additional oil while it cooks.
What does pickle juice do to chicken?
In addition to adding flavor, pickle juice tenderizes chicken as it soaks. It’s a great way to use leftover pickle juice once all the pickles are gone from your jar.
Pickle Juice Benefits
Pickle juice is largely made up of water and vinegar. Vinegar helps lower stomach acid (heartburn), decreases blood sugar, and fights fungus.
Overall, pickles and pickle juice are healthy snacks to enjoy, but eating too many can also raise sodium levels. As with most foods, eating pickles and pickle juice in moderation is best.
Try these other tasty recipes!
Pickle-Brined Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 ½ cups Dill Pickle Juice
- 3 cups Breadcrumbs or Panko
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breasts into 2" chunks. Add dill pickle juice and chicken pieces to a bowl and stir to coat. Allow marinade in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes prior to cooking.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add breadcrumbs and olive oil, blend well. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until golden brown. Coat chicken pieces in breadcrumbs.
- Spray air fryer basket with a nonaerosol spray bottle. Add a single layer of chicken nuggets and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 8 minutes, flipping halfway. If breadcrumbs look dry, spray with additional oil.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.