Do you love pickles? This should be next on your list of recipes to make!
This is a recipe for air fryer pickle-brined chicken nuggets that are marinated in dill pickle juice then coated in breadcrumbs and air fried until crispy golden brown.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Pickle-Brined Chicken Nuggets
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Dill Pickle Juice
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
How to Air Fry Pickle-Brined Chicken Nuggets
First, cut chicken breasts into 2″ pieces. Pour 1 1/2 to 2 cups of dill pickle juice from a pickle jar into a large bowl.
Add chicken to the bowl and mix chicken around so that each piece is covered in pickle juice. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
In a microwave-safe dish, add breadcrumbs and olive oil, stir, and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until it begins to brown.
Remove chicken from refrigerator and coat each piece in breadcrumbs.
Spray air fryer basket with oil spray and add a single layer of chicken nuggets.
Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 4 minutes. Flip each chicken nugget and cook an additional 4 minutes.
If breadcrumbs look dry, spray with additional oil.
What does pickle juice do to chicken?
In addition to adding flavor, pickle juice tenderizes chicken as it soaks.
It’s a great way to use leftover pickle juice once all the pickles are gone from your jar.
Pickle Juice Benefits
Pickle juice is largely made up of water and vinegar. Vinegar helps lower stomach acid (heartburn), decrease blood sugar, and fights fungus.
Overall, pickles and pickle juice are a healthy snack to enjoy, but eating too many can also raise sodium levels. As with most foods, eating pickles and pickle juice in moderation is best.
Try these other tasty air fryer recipes!
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Breaded Pork Chops
- Chicken Parmesan
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- French Fries
- Fried Mushrooms
- Fried Pickles
- Hooter’s Chicken Wings Copycat Recipe
- Juicy Steak
- Naked Chicken Wings
- Pork Schnitzel
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Dill Pickle Juice
- 3 cups Breadcrumbs or Panko
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breasts into 2" chunks. Add dill pickle juice and chicken pieces to a bowl and stir to coat. Allow marinade in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes prior to cooking.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add breadcrumbs and olive oil, blend well. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until golden brown. Coat chicken pieces in breadcrumbs.
- Spray air fryer basket with a nonaerosol spray bottle. Add a single layer of chicken nuggets and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 8 minutes, flipping halfway. If breadcrumbs look dry, spray with additional oil.