Easy air fryer pork schnitzel are thin, tender pieces of pork coated in panko breadcrumbs then air fried until golden and crispy in just 12 minutes.
Someone asked me, “Can you air fry pork schnitzel?” My response was, “Absolutely!”
It actually surprised me that I hadn’t thought of that before given that I have a pork schnitzel recipe already on the blog that is cooked in the traditional pan-frying way.
So here we go, let’s make crispy air fryer pork schnitzel!
Air Fryer Pork Schnitzel Ingredients
- Thin Cut Boneless Pork Chops (about ¼″ thick)
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Large Eggs
- Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Plastic Wrap
Air Fryer Pork Schnitzel Cook Time and Temperature
It’s very simple to air fry pork schnitzel. Once the pork is breaded and tenderized, spray the air basket with oil.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and the timer to 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, flip the pork and set the timer for 4-6 more minutes.
If you notice the breadcrumbs look dry, spray with additional oil.
Pork Schnitzel Sauces
Many like to add sauces to their pork schnitzel. I like to eat them with mashed potatoes and gravy, but these are sauces I have seen poured over pork schnitzel:
What to serve with pork schnitzel?
I have a delicious Instant Pot mashed potatoes recipe that I like to serve with this dish.
Pork Schnitzel vs Pork Tenderloin
Pork schnitzel is a tenderized pork cutlet or thin boneless pork chop that is breaded and pan-fried. It originated in Germany.
If you hear pork tenderloin in the midwest of the US where I am it’s a thin piece of pork tenderloin that’s tenderized, breaded, and then deep-fried and served in a hamburger bun.
The pork tenderloin sandwich will have to be another recipe I add sometime soon!
Try these other tasty air fryer recipes!
- Breaded Pork Chops
- Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Strips
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- Fried Mushrooms
- French Fries
- Fried Pickles
- Juicy Steak
- Mushrooms & Onions
- Pickle-Brined Chicken Nuggets
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Toasted Ravioli
- 4 Thin Cut Boneless Pork Chops (about ¼" thick)
- 1 ½ cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Plastic Wrap
- Place pork on a cutting board, cover with plastic wrap, and use a mallet to flatten and tenderize the pork.
- In a shallow dish, add eggs and scramble. In another shallow dish, add panko and olive oil, stir. Microwave panko for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until reaching a light golden brown.
- Begin dipping the pork in the egg followed by panko. Press the panko into the pork to adhere.
- Use a non-aerosol spray bottle of oil to grease the air fryer basket. Place pork in the basket (mine fit 2 at a time while slightly touching.) Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer to 6 minutes. Flip, and then set the timer for 4-6 more minutes until it reaches a golden brown. If you notice the breadcrumbs looking dry, spray with a bit of olive oil to moisten the panko. Repeat until all pork is cooked.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 587Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 242mgSodium 468mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 47g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.