Juicy sirloin steak cooked perfectly and quickly in an air fryer. The steak is cooked evenly through the middle and tastes delicious.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
It’s perfect for date night, those cooking one steak for themselves, and anyone looking for new ways to use their air fryer!
I never thought of cooking steak in an air fryer until a friend said she had tried it and loved it!
It’s times like this when we’re snowed in and cooking on a grill isn’t an option so I’m looking for new ways to cook steak indoors.
I bought a couple of sirloin steaks at the store and thought I’d slice them against the grain to have a more tender bite.
What kind of steak can you cook in an air fryer?
All kinds of steak can be cooked in an air fryer. This recipe does not limit you to using sirloin.
You can easily cook:
- Filet mignon (tenderloin)
- New York strip
- Flank steak
- Skirt steak
This particular recipe has the cook times for a 1 ½″ thick steak. If your steak is thicker, simply add more cook time.
How to make air fryer steak:
- Lightly drizzle each sirloin with olive oil. Add any seasoning you like on your steak, or leave it simple with salt & pepper.
Try this: Sometimes I drizzle my steaks with Worcestershire sauce to marinade.
- Place each sirloin in the air fryer basket. No preheating is necessary for air fryer steak – that’s the best part!
Air Fryer Steak Cooking Times
Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, flip steaks over and cook for 7 minutes more to achieve medium-rare.
Use an internal meat thermometer to check for doneness, or cut into a steak.
What temperature does steak need to be for medium-rare or medium?
Medium Rare Internal Temperature: 120-125 Degrees
Medium Internal Temperature: 130-135 Degrees
Once the steaks are done cooking, slice them against the grain in ¼″ thick slices.
I prefer mine medium-rare. The steaks cook fast in an air fryer, especially since there is no preheating needed!
This meal pairs perfectly with these sides:
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Cheesy Potatoes
- Easy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Firecracker Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- 50 Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Baby Potatoes
- French Fries
- Game Day Recipes
- Hooter’s Chicken Wings
- Broccoli, Mushrooms, & Onions
- Naked Chicken Wings
- Steak and Chicken Kabobs
- Stuffed Mushrooms
Air Fryer Steak
- 2 Sirloin Steaks, about 1 lb, 1 ½″ Thick, (or other steak cut with same thickness)
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Rub each steak with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Place steak in the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 7 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes until desired doneness.Medium Rare Internal Temperature:120-125 °FMedium Internal Temperature:130-135 °F
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board and slice against the grain in ¼″ slices.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.