This is a recipe for easy air fryer stuffed mushrooms filled with cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and topped with cheddar and chives. They’re great as an appetizer or a side dish!
Originally, I had planned to cook stuffed mushrooms in the oven as I’ve always done in the past.
However, I decided to give the air fryer a try because I had been wondering, “Can you air fry stuffed mushrooms?”
I already had beef roasting in the oven so this was the perfect opportunity to use the air fryer.
The best part about air frying is it requires no preheating!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Whole White Button Mushrooms
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Powder
How to Clean Mushrooms
If you are planning to cook them right away, rinsing them under lukewarm water is great for cleaning them. However, if you do not plan on cooking them right away they will become slimy after being rinsed with water.
If you are not cooking them right away, use a damp cloth to remove dirt and debris.
Can you use Pam nonstick spray in an air fryer?
Unfortunately, air fryer baskets do not tolerate aerosol spray. It causes the basket to peel.
How do you get the food to stop sticking? Use a non-aerosol spray bottle of olive oil or canola oil, or you can rub coconut oil directly on the basket.
Cook them until you notice the mushrooms have softened and the cheese is fully melted.
Storing Leftover Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
If you happen to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Be careful, they go quick!
Recipes that go with stuffed mushrooms:
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Asparagus Wrapped Chicken
- Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Cast-Iron Skillet Flank Steak
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Crown Rib Roast
- Filet Mignon
- Juicy Steak
- Grilled Flank Steak
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- 16 oz Whole White Button Mushrooms
- 6 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- Chopped Chives, for topping
- Oil Spray
- Use a damp paper towel to remove any debris/dirt from the mushrooms (they can become slimy if rinsed underwater.) Pop or cut stems off of the mushroom caps.
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spoon mixture into the "well" of each mushroom cap. Top each with shredded cheddar cheese and chives. Tip: I've found the easiest way is by placing the cheese in a shallow dish and pressing each mushroom cap into the cheese to stick.
- Spray the basket in air fryer with oil spray to prevent sticking. Place a single layer of mushrooms in the basket. Set the temperature to 370 degrees and cook for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 86Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 18mgSodium 159mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 2g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.
Try these other delicious air fryer recipes!
- 50 Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Baby Potatoes
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Strips
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- Fried Mushrooms
- Fried Pickles
- Game Day Recipes
- Hooter’s Chicken Wings (Copycat Recipe)
- Juicy Steak
- Loaded Mashed Potato Wontons
- Mushrooms & Onions
- Naked Chicken Wings
- Pickle-Brined Chicken Nuggets
- Pork Schnitzel
- Steak and Chicken Kabobs
- Toasted Ravioli