This is a copycat recipe for air fryer Hooter’s chicken wings. They’re crispy, a little spicy, and definitely juicy! Perfect as an appetizer for parties or as a meal at home.
Air fryer wings are already super delicious and a tad healthier than deep-frying, but how about trying a Hooter’s copycat wing recipe?
The coating gives them a nice crunch and the sauce adds a little kick of heat.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Hooter’s Chicken Wings
- Thawed Wings (Tips Removed) or Wingettes/Drumettes
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
Ingredients for Hooter’s Wing Sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce or Louisiana Hot Sauce
Can you use Pam nonstick spray in an air fryer?
It’s best not to. Air fryer baskets actually do not tolerate the aerosol spray. It begins peeling the coating off the basket.
How do you get the food to stop sticking? Use a non-aerosol spray bottle of olive oil, or you can rub coconut oil directly on the basket.
Also lightly spraying your chicken before cooking it allows the chicken to crisp up.
How to Make Air Fryer Hooter’s Chicken Wings
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and toss your wings to coat them.
- Allow them to chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour to let the coating adhere to the chicken wings. Otherwise, it does come off rather easily when you handle them.
- Cook the chicken at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- While they cook in the air fryer, melt the butter in a bowl and stir hot sauce into it.
- Once your chicken is done cooking in the air fryer, toss them with your buttery hot sauce mixture. They’re great for dipping in ranch or this homemade 2-ingredient blue cheese sauce!
Try these other delicious air fryer recipes!
- 50 Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Baby Potatoes
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Chicken Parmesan
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- French Fries
- Juicy Steak
- Loaded Mashed Potato Wontons
- Mushrooms & Onions
- Naked Chicken Wings
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings (Tips Removed) or Wingettes/Drumettes, thawed
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce -or Lousiana Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- Blue Cheese Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Spray the basket with canola, vegetable, or olive oil
- Coat the basket with coconut oil
- Mix flour, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Toss wings in a bowl to coat. Place wings in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to adhere coating prior to cooking.
- Once ready to cook, spray air fryer basket with olive oil or coat with coconut oil to prevent sticking, add a single layer of chicken wings. Lightly spray wings with oil to help crisp during cooking. Set temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and timer to 10 minutes. Flip wings, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe dish and add Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. Once wings are done cooking, coat with sauce. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 376Total Fat 20.1gSaturated Fat 9.6gCholesterol 131mgSodium 1040mgCarbohydrates 12.3gFiber 0.6gSugar 0.1gProtein 34.6g
Nutrition is not always accurate.