Chicken bacon ranch potato bake is made with diced potatoes and chicken mixed with homemade ranch dressing and topped with melted cheese, bacon, and green onion/chives.
It’s an easy casserole cooked in a 13″x9″ baking dish that can also be a one-pot meal if you use store-bought bacon bits.
I don’t know about you, but casseroles that can essentially be dumped together and baked in the oven are one of my favorite things.
This is also a great one-pot meal if you omit cooking the bacon slices and buy bacon bits from the store.
Ingredients for Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Bacon Slices (Or use store-bought bacon bits to make this a quick one-pot meal)
- Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onion or Chives
- Ranch Dressing (Use store-bought ranch mixed with a little bit of water or use the homemade version below.)
Ingredients for Homemade Ranch Dressing
- White Vinegar
- Lemon Pepper
- Onion Powder
Can chicken bacon ranch potato bake be made ahead?
Yes! Mix all of the ingredients together, place in a casserole baking dish, and cover with foil or saran wrap. The uncooked casserole can be kept in the refrigerator for 24 hours prior to baking.
Cook according to directions and keep the extra bacon, cheese, and chives toppings for when you plan to bake it.
How to make this a freezer meal:
- Mix everything according to directions and place it in an aluminum pan. Make sure potatoes are near the bottom and covered with ranch.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil or freezer wrap. In separate freezer Ziploc bags place the extra toppings of bacon, cheese, and chives.
- For chives to retain their texture once they are thawed, it is best to remove as much air as possible from the bag they are stored in.
- Bacon ranch chicken and potato casserole can be safely stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to be eaten, allow the casserole to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Bake it according to directions and don’t forget your toppings!
Try these other great potato recipes!
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Cheesy Leftover Ham and Potatoes
- Cheesy Potatoes
- Creamy Loaded Potato Soup
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Potatoes
- Spicy Tater Tot Casserole
- Ultimate Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs Potatoes, unpeeled and diced into 1" cubes
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, diced into 1" cubes
- 8 Slices Bacon (Or use store-bought bacon bits to make this a one-pan meal!)
- 3 cups Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Green Onion or Chives, sliced thin for topping
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 13"x9" baking dish.
- Slice bacon into small pieces and cook in a medium-sized pan until crispy, drain grease and set aside. Dice potatoes and chicken breast into 1" cubes and put both in a large bowl together with half of the cooked bacon.
- Mix homemade ranch recipe above or add store-bought ranch with water, depending on which you choose. Add ranch, thin slices of the butter, and 2 cups of the cheddar cheese to the large bowl. Blend well with potatoes, chicken, and bacon.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, covered with foil. Stir, and add the remaining cup of cheese, the other half of the bacon, and the sliced green onions to the top of the potatoes. Cook uncovered for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork and chicken is cooked through.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 714Total Fat 53gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 135mgSodium 1539mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 37g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.