This is an easy one-pan baked parmesan crusted chicken recipe with penne, melted mozzarella, and tender chicken breasts with a crispy parmesan topping.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Did you know that you can make chicken Parmesan and pasta in one 13″x9″ pan? You don’t even have to precook the noodles or chicken!
Toss all of your ingredients into your pan and bake it in the oven. Your chicken parmesan still gets that great crispiness.
Ingredients for One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan and Penne
- 2 (14 oz) Jars of Marinara or Favorite Pasta Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Chicken Breast
- Olive Oil
- Panko Crumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to Make One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan and Penne
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and pour your pasta into an ungreased 13″x9″ dish.
Mix together Italian seasoning to your tomato sauce and mix it in.
I prefer to add my own seasonings to tomato sauces, whether it’s in a jar or a can. It adds in so much extra flavor.
Stir water and pasta sauce into the pan with penne. Chop onion into thin slices and place over pasta. Then top with mozzarella.
Trim your chicken breasts of any fat and layer on top of the penne.
Place the chicken on top of the onion and noodles. Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil.
Mix together grated Parmesan cheese and panko crumbs in a small bowl. Sprinkle onto the chicken breasts. Press the crumb mixture into the chicken to adhere.
I topped the dish with parsley at the end, but that is optional.
Place the pan in the preheated oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 32-37 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Your noodles will come out tender and cooked through as well!
What to Serve with Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Try these other great Italian dishes!
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Lasagna Fritta (Olive Garden Copycat Recipe)
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Crock Pot Chicken Marsala
- French Onion Chicken Bake
- One-Pan Three-Cheese Chicken and Spinach Pasta
One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan & Penne
- 4-5 Large Chicken Breasts
- 5 cups Uncooked Penne
- 2 14 oz Jars of Marinara or Favorite Pasta Sauce
- 2 ¼ cups Water
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Panko Crumbs
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley for topping
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour uncooked penne noodles into a 13"x9" baking dish.
- Stir water and pasta sauce into the pan with penne. Chop onion into thin slices and place over pasta. Then top with mozzarella. Place chicken on top of mozzarella and drizzle each chicken breast with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix Parmesan and panko crumbs. Sprinkle on top of the chicken and press the crumbs into the chicken. Season chicken with salt.
- Sprinkle parsley over top and place pan in the oven. Bake for 32-37 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink the center.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.