This is a recipe for BBQ pulled pork nachos with tender pulled pork, sliced onion, jalapeños, melted cheddar, and mozzarella cheese, drizzled BBQ sauce and ranch over tortilla chips. It’s perfect for using up leftover pulled pork!
BBQ pulled, or “shredded,” pork nachos are one of my favorite things to make when we have leftover pulled pork.
If you happen to not have any leftover pulled pork you can easily and quickly make Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork.
The recipe will make more than you need for this nachos recipe, but there are other great ways to use leftover pulled pork:
Ingredients for BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos
- Tortilla Chips (I’ve found Tostitos scoops to hold toppings the best, but any corn tortilla chips work!)
- Leftover Pulled Pork (I have a quick and easy Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork recipe.)
- BBQ Sauce
- Red Onion
- Cheddar Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Ranch or Sour Cream
How to Make BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos
It’s really easy once you have all your ingredients! A cast-iron skillet is not needed.
A baking pan with 2″ sides works perfectly to keep everything in place.
Layer them in this order from bottom to top:
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Shredded Cheese
- Barbecue Sauce
I’ve tried baking them at different temperatures, and found that lower temperatures allowed the chips to become soggy and chewy.
Higher temperatures overcooked the chips.
The chips stayed crispiest at 400 degrees Fahrenheit without scorching. Bake them for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Try these other great appetizers!
- Air Fryer Hooter’s Wings
- BBQ Chicken Roll-Ups
- BBQ Pork Burger Sliders
- Beef Crostini with Mascarpone Sauce
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos
- Mini Cornbread Bites
- Peking Egg Rolls
- 1 Bag of Tortilla Chips (I’ve found Tostitos scoops to hold the toppings the best.)
- 2 cups Pulled Pork
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce + More for Topping
- 2 Sliced Jalapeños
- ¼ cup Sliced Red Onion
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Ranch, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking pan by lining with parchment paper or foil or use a large cast-iron skillet.
- If doing multiple layers of chips, be sure to reserve toppings for multiple layers. Line bottom of the pan with tortilla chips. Mix BBQ sauce and pulled pork together and layer on top of the chips. Add sliced onion and jalapeños. Sprinkle with cheese. Repeat previous steps if doing multiple layers. Drizzle BBQ sauce and ranch on top of the nachos.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 494Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 58mgSodium 1177mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 3gSugar 22gProtein 22g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.