Beef tenderloin crostini appetizers made with seasoned filet mignon, a creamy mascarpone sauce mixed with paprika, chopped basil, and mayonnaise topped with fresh basil. They’re a tasty yet easy appetizer to put together for the holidays and they will impress your guests!
Beef crostini with mascarpone sauce looks fancy, but is very easy and simple to quickly put together for family and guests. They taste so good your guests will be going back for seconds and thirds.
What is beef crostini?
Crostini is Italian for “little crusts” that are grilled or baked. In this case, they are also topped with beef tenderloin.
What is mascarpone cheese?
Mascarpone cheese is Italian cream cheese with higher fat content, but less thick compared to American cream cheese. It’s used the same way American’s use their cream cheese – for bagels, toast, but Italian’s also use it for desserts like tiramisu.
You can find mascarpone in US grocery stores by the cheese or cream cheese in a small tub. Sometimes I see it with the blocks of Parmesan/Romano cheeses at the deli counter.
Recipes Using Mascarpone
- Grilled Pound Cake with Limoncello Bananas
- Lemon Cardamom Layer Cake with Strawberries and Mascarpone
- Raspberry Chocolate and Mascarpone Pancakes
Substitute For Mascarpone Cheese
If you are unable to find mascarpone cheese, try substituting with the following options:
- Blend 8 ounces softened cream cheese with 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Blend 8 ounces softened cream cheese with 1/8 cup whipping cream and 1/8 cup sour cream
Ingredients for Beef Crostini with Mascarpone Sauce
- French Baguette
- Beef Tenderloins (Filet Mignon Steaks)
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Fresh Basil
You will likely only need half the baguette depending on how long the loaf is. The easiest way to toast the bread is by brushing them with olive oil, sprinkling a little bit of salt, and baking them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
The sauce is really easy to whip together. It’s best to spread a thin layer of sauce on the toasted bread before placing the beef to give more flavor and more creaminess to each bite.
Try these other easy and delicious appetizers!
- BBQ Chicken Roll-Ups
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Classic Beer Cheese Fondue
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Easy Party Cheese Ball
- Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos (Copycat Recipe)
- Spicy Honey Prosciutto Flatbread
- Swiss Cheese Fondue