Rich, chewy butterscotch blondies with butterscotch chips baked in to give an extra sweet bite. These are the blondie version of a brownie and have every bit of gooiness going for it.
This recipe is for a 13″x9″ baking pan and yields 12 large or 24 small bars.
You’ve probably heard these bars called a few different names: butterscotch bars, butterscotch blondies, or just plain blondies. They’re rich and deliciously sweet!
These bars can be made with or without the butterscotch chips, but they added an extra cool bite in the way that a chocolate chip does.
Ingredients for Butterscotch Blondies:
- Light Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs
- All-Purpose Flour
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Butterscotch Chips
How to Make Butterscotch Blondies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 13″x9″ baking pan by lightly spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add vanilla and eggs, blending well after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Slowly mix into the bowl. Blend butterscotch chips into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour butterscotch batter into prepared 13″x9″ pan and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
Want to add to the yumminess?
- These bars are extra delicious warmed up and served à la mode with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with hot butterscotch sauce.
- Another great addition is baking them with ½ cup of chopped pecans mixed in the batter.
How many butterscotch blondies can you cut in a 13″ x 9″ pan?
I created these images below to show how to cut 12 large or 24 small bars out of a 13″x9″ pan. You can cut even smaller and get 32 bars (4 x 8).
Have too many? Butterscotch blondies can be kept frozen for up to 3 months!
I recommend slicing them prior to freezing and placing freezer or wax paper between the pieces to help prevent sticking as they thaw.
Try these other sweet desserts!
- Caramel Crispix
- Honey Cinnamon Butter Monkey Bread
- Kolacky Cookies
- M&M Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray 13"x9" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add vanilla and one egg at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and slowly mix into a bowl. Blend butterscotch chips into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour butterscotch batter into prepared 13"x9" pan and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving. They can be cut into 12 large squares (as shown in the photos) or 24 small squares.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.