This is a recipe for caramel Crispix with homemade caramel sauce drizzled over the top. It’s the perfect no-bake dessert!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Perfect as a snack to munch on, have kids take to school for treat day, holidays, movie night with family, or a Valentine’s Day treat for your sweetie!
Caramel Crispix is so delicious and addicting!
It’s the perfect snack to serve for holiday family get-togethers, work parties, packaging it as a Valentine’s Day treat for your sweetheart, kids to take to school, snack for Superbowl, or enjoying on movie night with family.
Parties, or even making it with your kiddos and enjoying it together. They will all love it!
Want more fall desserts? Check out these fun fall cupcakes!
Ingredients for Caramel Crispix
- Crispix Cereal
- Brown Sugar
- Lite Karo Corn Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
How to Make Caramel Crispix
- Start off with lining a baking sheet with either wax paper or parchment paper. If you go with parchment paper I recommend spraying it with non-stick cooking spray to keep from sticking.
- Next, you’ll melt the butter over the stove in a tall pot (it will double in volume after adding the baking soda at the end) and add only the brown sugar. Bring it to a boil to fully dissolve the brown sugar, then add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the baking soda is added, it will become foamy and increase the volume of the sauce. Be very careful and continue to stir so that it does not overflow the pot.
- Carefully pour the caramel mixture over your cereal and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour it into the prepared pan and spread it into a thin layer to cool.
- I recommend stirring again after a few minutes to keep it from clumping. Be careful not to stir too much or too vigorously because the cereal will start crumbling.
It cools rather quickly. You’ll be able to package it up in no time (or start eating it!)
What if my cereal turns out sticky?
This snack does have a slight stickiness to it but overall is not meant to turn out sticky like syrup. If it’s extra sticky, it’s because the baking soda was not added to the caramel syrup on the stovetop and allowed to become foamy and double in volume.
If the baking soda is not added, it remains a caramel syrup and therefore makes very sticky caramel cereal.
In the end, the cereal should have a nice crunch with a caramel coating and can easily be separated into pieces as you stir it.
Movie Night Snack Ideas
- Caramel Crispix
- Chex Mix
- Corn and Black Bean Salsa with Tortilla Chips
- Easy Dessert Party Cheese Balls
- Easy Party Cheese Balls
Try these other sweet treats!
- Butterscotch Blondies
- Caramel Cupcakes
- Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Filling
- Honey Cinnamon Butter Monkey Bread
- Iced Pumpkin Bread
- Pecan Tassies
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
- 18 oz box of Crispix, The big family size, ~13.5 cups of cereal
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar, packed
- ½ cup Lite Corn Syrup
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or if using parchment paper spray with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Pour Crispix cereal into a medium-sized bowl.
- Melt butter in a tall saucepan or pot over medium-high heat. The caramel will double in volume once the baking soda is added in the next step. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil, while continuing to stir.
- Once boiling, stir in corn syrup, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Pour mixture over Crispix in the bowl and stir to coat.
- Pour cereal onto the prepared baking sheet to cool. To prevent clumping, stir again after a few minutes. Be careful not to stir too much or too vigorously because the cereal will start crumbling.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.