This is a recipe for caramel Crispix with homemade caramel sauce drizzled over the top. It’s the perfect no-bake dessert!
Perfect as a snack to munch on, have kids take to school for treat day, holidays, movie night with family, or a Valentine’s Day treat for your sweetie!
Caramel Crispix is so delicious and addicting!
It’s the perfect snack to serve for holiday family get-togethers, work parties, packaging it as a Valentine’s Day treat for your sweetheart, kids to take to school, snack for Superbowl, or enjoying on movie night with family.
Parties, or even making it with your kiddos and enjoying it together. They will all love it!
Ingredients for Caramel Crispix
- Crispix Cereal
- Brown Sugar
- Lite Karo Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
How to Make Caramel Crispix
- Start off with lining a baking sheet with either wax paper or parchment paper. If you go with parchment paper I recommend spraying it with non-stick cooking spray to keep from sticking.
- Next, you’ll melt the butter over the stove and add the brown sugar. Bring it to a boil to fully dissolve the brown sugar, then add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the baking soda is added, it will become foamy and increase the volume of the sauce.
- Pour your caramel mixture over your cereal and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour it into the prepared pan and spread it into a thin layer to cool.
- I recommend stirring again after a few minutes to keep it from clumping. Be careful not to stir too much or too vigorously because the cereal will start crumbling.
It cools rather quickly. You’ll be able to package it up in no time (or start eating it!)
Movie Night Snack Ideas
- Caramel Crispix
- Chex Mix
- Corn and Black Bean Salsa with Tortilla Chips
- Easy Dessert Party Cheese Balls
- Easy Party Cheese Balls
Try these other sweet treats!
- Banana Nut Bread
- Butterscotch Blondies
- Caramel Cupcakes
- Honey Cinnamon Butter Monkey Bread
- Iced Pumpkin Bread
- Kolacky Cookies
- Minny’s Chocolate Pie
- Oreo Bottom Cupcakes
- Pecan Tassies
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- The Best Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 18 oz box of Crispix (The big family size, ~13.5 cups of cereal)
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Lite Karo Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or if using parchment paper spray with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Pour Crispix cereal into a medium-sized bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil, while continuing to stir.
- Once boiling, stir in Karo syrup, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Pour mixture over Crispix in the bowl and stir to coat.
- Pour cereal onto the prepared baking sheet to cool. To prevent clumping, stir again after a few minutes. Be careful not to stir too much or too vigorously because the cereal will start crumbling.
Nutrition InformationYield 13.5 cups Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 38mgSodium 435mgCarbohydrates 70gFiber 0gSugar 38gProtein 3g
Nutrition is not always accurate.