Cherry puff pastry turnovers are delicious and easy to make. They’re puff pastry filled with cherry filling then baked until flakey and golden brown.
This is a Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry cherry turnover recipe. It’s easy to put together since the puff pastry sheets are already made for you.
All you need is the filling, a little egg wash to press the edges together, and some icing to drizzle on top. Altogether it’s only 6 ingredients!
However, if you are brave and want to make the puff pastry dough from scratch try this puff pastry recipe.
Cherry Puff Pastry Turnover Ingredients
- Pepperidge Farm Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets
- Large Egg
- Cherry Cake/Pastry Filling (The kind that doesn’t have pieces of cherries, it’s more like a cherry jelly.)
- Confectioners’ Sugar
How to Make Cherry Turnovers with Puff Pastry
Allow puff pastry sheets to completely thaw before beginning. The Pepperidge Farm box gives thawing directions.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small dish, add egg and water. Scramble and set aside.
Carefully unfold both pastry sheets. Lay them on a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to spread each sheet to approximately 12″ x 12″.
Use a pizza cutter to cut 9 equal squares on each sheet to get a total of 18 squares.
Brush all the edges with egg wash. Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of cherry filling onto each square.
Take one corner of a square and fold it to the opposite corner to make it into a triangle. Seal the edges together by crimping with the tongs of a fork.
Place each triangle on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top of each puff pastry with additional egg wash to help them brown.
Bake pastries in the oven for 17-19 minutes until they are golden brown.
While they bake, make the icing by combining confectioners’ sugar and milk in a small dish. Combine until smooth then drizzle over baked puff pastries.
- Beef Wellington Puff Pastry with Sweet Chili Wine Sauce
- Champagne Cupcakes
- Cherry Chip Cupcakes
- Honey Cinnamon Butter Monkey Bread
- No Yeast 1-Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- Raspberry Cupcakes
- Snow Ice Cream
- The Best Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 2 (17.3 oz box) Pepperidge Farm Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 (12.5 oz) Cans of Solo Cherry Cake/Pastry Filling (The kind that doesn't have pieces of cherries, it's more like a jelly.)
- 1/2 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Thaw puff pastry sheets. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg with water, set aside.
- Carefully unfold the two thawed pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, spread each sheet into approximately a 12"x12" square. Use a pizza cutter to cut 9 squares in each sheet (total of 18.)
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of cherry filling onto each square. Brush the edges of the squares with the egg wash and fold the square into a triangle so that all edges meet. Press the edges with a fork to seal. See photos above for examples.
- Place each triangle on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with more egg wash. Bake in the oven for 17-19 minutes until they are golden brown.
- While they bake, make the icing by combining confectioners' sugar and milk in a small dish. Combine until smooth then drizzle over baked puff pastries.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 18 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 204Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3.4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 10mgSodium 107mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 0.7gSugar 17gProtein 2.4g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.