Chicken cordon bleu wraps with crispy chicken strips, slices of deli honey ham, Swiss cheese, drizzles of honey mustard wrapped in a flour tortilla shell.
Have you ever had traditional chicken cordon bleu? It’s a tender, juicy stuffed chicken breast that has a crispy breadcrumb coating and filled with ham and cheese.
My favorite part is cutting into the chicken breast and the cheese oozes out! It’s incredibly delicious.
I wanted to make a simple wrap with chicken cordon bleu because I knew it would taste amazing and it sure did!
What does Cordon Bleu mean?
It translates to “blue ribbon” in English and is seen as high-class and distinguished.
According to Dictionary.com, “the sky-blue ribbon worn as a badge by knights of the highest order of French knighthood under the Bourbons,” or “any person of great distinction in a specific field, especially a distinguished chef.”“Cordon Bleu.” Dictionary.com, Random House, 2020, www.dictionary.com/browse/cordon-bleu.
Despite being from the French language, chicken cordon bleu is actually said to have originated in Switzerland from making schnitzel. Pork schnitzel, anyone?
Ingredients for Chicken Cordon Bleu Wraps
- Flour Tortilla Shells
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Honey Ham Deli Slices
- Swiss Cheese
- Large Eggs
- Grated Parmesan
- Ground Mustard Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Honey Mustard Sauce
Want to cook it on a George Foreman grill?
- Follow steps 1-2 in the directions below.
- Omit the microwave step and fill the tortilla shells. Wrap them up.
- Place the whole wrapped tortilla on the preheated George Foreman grill for 2-4 minutes until it is cooked through and you see grill marks on the tortilla.
More delicious recipes to love!
- 15+ Best Fondue Recipes
- One-Pot Chicken & Rice
- Cajun Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- Chicken Marsala
- Classic Beer Cheese Fondue
- Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- French Onion Chicken Bake
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan & Penne
- Pork Schnitzel
- Ultimate Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes