Chicken cordon bleu wraps with crispy chicken strips, slices of deli honey ham, Swiss cheese, green leaf lettuce, and drizzles of honey dijon mustard wrapped in a flour tortilla shell.
Have you ever had traditional chicken cordon bleu?
It’s a tender, juicy stuffed chicken breast that has a crispy breadcrumb coating and filled with ham and cheese.
My favorite part is cutting into the chicken breast and the cheese oozes out! It’s incredibly delicious.
I wanted to make a simple wrap with chicken cordon bleu because I knew it would taste amazing and it sure did!
What does Cordon Bleu mean?
It translates to “blue ribbon” in English and is seen as high-class and distinguished.
According to Dictionary.com, “the sky-blue ribbon worn as a badge by knights of the highest order of French knighthood under the Bourbons,” or “any person of great distinction in a specific field, especially a distinguished chef.”“Cordon Bleu.” Dictionary.com, Random House, 2020, www.dictionary.com/browse/cordon-bleu.
Despite being from the French language, chicken cordon bleu is actually said to have originated in Switzerland from making schnitzel. Pork schnitzel, anyone?
Ingredients for Chicken Cordon Bleu Wraps
- Flour Tortilla Shells
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Honey Ham Deli Slices
- Swiss Cheese
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Large Eggs
- Grated Parmesan
- Ground Mustard Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
How to Layer Chicken Cordon Bleu Wraps
Want to make it low-carb?
- Instead of frying the chicken, omit the breadcrumbs and grill the chicken breasts.
- For the wrap, use lettuce.
- For the honey mustard sauce, replace honey with ½ teaspoon of liquid Stevia.
More delicious recipes to love!
- 15+ Best Fondue Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatballs
- Asparagus Wrapped Chicken
- Cajun Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- Coq au Vin Fondue
- French Onion Chicken Bake
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan & Penne
- Swiss Cheese Fondue
- Ultimate Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
Chicken Cordon Bleu Wraps
- 4 Flour Tortilla Shells
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 Slices Honey Ham Deli Slices
- 4 Slices Swiss Cheese
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon Grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon Ground Mustard Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Canola Oil
Honey Dijon Mustard Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Butterfly chicken breasts and tenderize with a mallet.
- In a small dish, scramble both eggs. In a shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, grated parmesan, ground mustard, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Dip chicken into egg, followed by bread crumb mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat ¼" of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add breaded chicken breast to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through the center.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Place one tortilla shell on a plate or paper towel and layer with a slice of Swiss cheese in the center and 2 slices of deli ham. Place in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until the cheese is melted.
- Add lettuce and 3-4 chicken strips on top of the deli ham. Drizzle honey mustard over top and wrap the tortilla shell closed. Once it is wrapped, slice it in half. Repeat for the 3 remaining tortilla shells.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.