Chicken cordon bleu wraps with crispy chicken strips, slices of deli honey ham, Swiss cheese, green leaf lettuce, and drizzles of honey dijon mustard wrapped in a flour tortilla shell.
Have you ever had traditional chicken cordon bleu?
It’s a tender, juicy stuffed chicken breast that has a crispy breadcrumb coating and filled with ham and cheese.
My favorite part is cutting into the chicken breast and the cheese oozes out! It’s incredibly delicious.
I wanted to make a simple wrap with chicken cordon bleu because I knew it would taste amazing and it sure did!
What does Cordon Bleu mean?
It translates to “blue ribbon” in English and is seen as high-class and distinguished.
According to Dictionary.com, “the sky-blue ribbon worn as a badge by knights of the highest order of French knighthood under the Bourbons,” or “any person of great distinction in a specific field, especially a distinguished chef.”“Cordon Bleu.” Dictionary.com, Random House, 2020, www.dictionary.com/browse/cordon-bleu.
Despite being from the French language, chicken cordon bleu is actually said to have originated in Switzerland from making schnitzel. Pork schnitzel, anyone?
Ingredients for Chicken Cordon Bleu Wraps
- Flour Tortilla Shells
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Honey Ham Deli Slices
- Swiss Cheese
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Large Eggs
- Grated Parmesan
- Ground Mustard Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
How to Layer Chicken Cordon Bleu Wraps
Want to make it low-carb?
- Instead of frying the chicken, omit the breadcrumbs and grill the chicken breasts.
- For the wrap, use lettuce.
- For the honey mustard sauce, replace honey with 1/2 teaspoon of liquid Stevia.
More delicious recipes to love!
- 15+ Best Fondue Recipes
- Asparagus Wrapped Chicken
- Cajun Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- Coq au Vin Fondue
- French Onion Chicken Bake
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan & Penne
- Swiss Cheese Fondue
- Ultimate Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
- 4 Flour Tortilla Shells
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 Slices Honey Ham Deli Slices
- 4 Slices Swiss Cheese
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Canola Oil
Honey Dijon Mustard Sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Butterfly chicken breasts and tenderize with a mallet.
- In a small dish, scramble both eggs. In a shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, grated parmesan, ground mustard, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Dip chicken into egg, followed by bread crumb mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat 1/4" of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add breaded chicken breast to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through the center.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Place one tortilla shell on a plate or paper towel and layer with a slice of Swiss cheese in the center and 2 slices of deli ham. Place in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until the cheese is melted.
- Add lettuce and 3-4 chicken strips on top of the deli ham. Drizzle honey mustard over top and wrap the tortilla shell closed. Once it is wrapped, slice it in half. Repeat for the 3 remaining tortilla shells.
If you do not want honey dijon mustard inside, use it as a dipping sauce instead.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 958Total Fat 34.5gSaturated Fat 15.4gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 19.1gCholesterol 372mgSodium 2097mgCarbohydrates 42.8gFiber 0.7gSugar 6.6gProtein 114.1g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.