Chicken cordon bleu wraps with crispy chicken strips, slices of deli honey ham, Swiss cheese, drizzles of honey mustard wrapped in a flour tortilla shell.
Have you ever had traditional chicken cordon bleu?
It’s a tender, juicy stuffed chicken breast that has a crispy breadcrumb coating and filled with ham and cheese.
My favorite part is cutting into the chicken breast and the cheese oozes out! It’s incredibly delicious.
I wanted to make a simple wrap with chicken cordon bleu because I knew it would taste amazing and it sure did!
What does Cordon Bleu mean?
It translates to “blue ribbon” in English and is seen as high-class and distinguished.
According to Dictionary.com, “the sky-blue ribbon worn as a badge by knights of the highest order of French knighthood under the Bourbons,” or “any person of great distinction in a specific field, especially a distinguished chef.”“Cordon Bleu.” Dictionary.com, Random House, 2020, www.dictionary.com/browse/cordon-bleu.
Despite being from the French language, chicken cordon bleu is actually said to have originated in Switzerland from making schnitzel. Pork schnitzel, anyone?
Ingredients for Chicken Cordon Bleu Wraps
- Flour Tortilla Shells
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Honey Ham Deli Slices
- Swiss Cheese
- Large Eggs
- Grated Parmesan
- Ground Mustard Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Honey Mustard Sauce
Want to cook it on a George Foreman grill?
- Follow steps 1-2 in the directions below.
- Omit the microwave step and fill the tortilla shells. Wrap them up.
- Place the whole wrapped tortilla on the preheated George Foreman grill for 2-4 minutes until it is cooked through and you see grill marks on the tortilla.
More delicious recipes to love!
- 15+ Best Fondue Recipes
- Asparagus Wrapped Chicken
- Cajun Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- Chicken Marsala
- Classic Beer Cheese Fondue
- Coq au Vin Fondue
- Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- French Onion Chicken Bake
- Maid-Rite Copycat Recipe
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan & Penne
- One-Pot Chicken & Rice
- Pork Schnitzel
- Swiss Cheese Fondue
- Ultimate Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
- 4 10" Flour Tortilla Shells (I used the burrito size)
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 slices Honey Ham Deli Slices
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Using a mallet, tenderize chicken to about 1/2" thick. Scramble eggs in a dish. Mix together bread crumbs, grated parmesan, ground mustard, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Dip chicken into egg wash, followed by bread crumb mixture, and shake off any excess.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat with olive oil. Once hot, add breaded chicken breast to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through the center. Place chicken on a cutting board and slice against the long side to get thin strips.
- Place one tortilla shell on a plate or paper towel and layer 2 slices of swiss cheese and 2 slices of deli ham on top. Place in the microwave for about 30 seconds until the cheese is melted. Add 3-4 chicken strips on top of the deli ham. Drizzle honey mustard over top and wrap the tortilla shell closed. Once it is wrapped, slice it in half against the long edge. Repeat for the 3 remaining shells.
Note: If you do not want honey mustard inside, you can use it as a dipping sauce instead.
George Foreman Grill Method
- Follow steps 1-2 above. Fill the tortilla with swiss cheese, ham, chicken strips, and honey mustard. Wrap the tortilla and place on the preheated George Foreman grill. Cook for 2-4 minutes until cooked through and there are grill marks on the tortilla.