Chicken stuffed poblano peppers with seasoned chicken, diced tomatoes, and cheddar cheese topped with sour cream and green onions.
These stuffed poblano peppers with chicken are very easy to make.
And the best part? They are a great meal for anyone following the keto lifestyle – high in fat, moderate protein, and low-carb.
Ingredients for Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers:
- Poblano Peppers
- Uncooked Diced Chicken
- Roma Tomatoes
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Favorite Hot Sauce – I used Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Sour Cream for Topping
- Sliced Green Onions for Topping
This meal is for 4 poblano peppers, but they’re sliced in half so that makes it a total of 8.
How to Make Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Begin by rinsing all produce and patting dry. Line a baking pan with foil.
Slice poblano peppers in half and place cut side down on the foiled pan. Drizzle peppers with olive oil.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then flip poblano peppers over on pan and set aside.
Dice tomatoes into 1/4″ pieces and place in a bowl with shredded cheddar cheese, hot sauce, and seasonings.
Dice the chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pan over medium-high heat and add diced chicken.
Cook for 7-8 minutes until no longer pink in the center and is golden brown on the outside.
Add chicken to the bowl with tomatoes and stir.
Fill each poblano pepper with chicken mixture and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the oven when the cheese is melted through. Top with sour cream and green onions.
Other great recipes that use poblano peppers:
Try these other great Mexican recipes!
- Chorizo Queso with Flour Tortilla Chips
- Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- Easy Chicken Flautas
- Fish Tacos with Spicy Slaw
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas
- Instant Pot Street-Style Beef Tacos
- Mexican Black Beans
- Mexican Street Corn in a Cup
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 4 Poblano Peppers
- 2 cups Uncooked Diced Chicken
- 3 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Salt + to Season Chicken
- 1/4 tsp Pepper + to Season Chicken
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dill
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tsp Favorite Hot Sauce - I used Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, Divided
- Sour Cream, for topping
- Sliced Green Onions, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking pan with foil.
- Slice poblano peppers in half and place cut side down on prepared pan. Drizzle peppers with olive oil. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, then flip poblano peppers over on pan and set aside.
- Dice Roma tomatoes into 1/4" pieces and place into a bowl. Add shredded cheddar cheese, hot sauce, and seasonings to bowl.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to large pan over medium-high heat and add diced chicken. Cook for 7-8 minutes until no longer pink in the center and is golden brown on the outside. Add chicken to bowl with tomatoes and stir.
- Fill poblano peppers with chicken mixture and bake in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven when cheese is melted through and top with sour cream and green onions.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 390Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 119mgSodium 868mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 31g
Nutrition is not always accurate.