Chicken stuffed poblano peppers with seasoned chicken, diced tomatoes, and cheddar cheese topped with sour cream and green onions.
These stuffed poblano peppers with chicken are very easy to make and the best part? They are a great meal for anyone following the keto lifestyle – high in fat, moderate protein, and low-carb.
Ingredients for Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers:
- Poblano Peppers
- Uncooked Diced Chicken
- Roma Tomatoes
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Favorite Hot Sauce – I used Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Sour Cream for Topping
- Sliced Green Onions for Topping
This meal is for 4 poblano peppers, but they’re sliced in half so that makes it a total of 8 servings.
How to Make Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Begin by rinsing all produce and patting dry. Line a baking pan with foil.
- Slice poblano peppers in half and place cut side down on the foiled pan. Drizzle peppers with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then flip poblano peppers over on pan and set aside.
- Dice tomatoes into 1/4″ pieces and place in a bowl with shredded cheddar cheese, hot sauce, and seasonings.
- Dice the chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pan over medium-high heat and add diced chicken. Cook for 7-8 minutes until no longer pink in the center and is golden brown on the outside. Add chicken to the bowl with tomatoes and stir.
- Fill each poblano pepper with chicken mixture and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven when the cheese is melted through. Top with sour cream and green onions.
Other great recipes that use poblano peppers:
Try these other great Mexican recipes!
- Mexican Black Beans
- Easy Homemade Chicken Flautas
- Fish Tacos with Spicy Slaw
- Instant Pot Street-Style Beef Tacos (with Homemade Pico de Gallo!)