Christmas candy cane cookies are made of sugar cookies coated with red and green sprinkles and topped with candy cane Kisses. It’s the perfect minty bite of cookie!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Christmas is just around the corner and we are all about the red and green!
The best way to celebrate is by mixing two favorite treats this time of year – candy canes and Christmas sugar cookies!
This sugar cookie recipe is also great for having sugar cookies themselves without the candy cane Hershey Kisses, but it’s really easy to jazz the recipe up and I’ll show you how.
If you want to skip doing homemade you can easily use a sugar cookie mix and still coat them with red and green sugar and top with a Candy Cane Hershey Kiss.
Either way, they’ll be delicious!
How to Make Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
- Begin by mixing your sugar cookie dough either in a mixer or a bowl with a hand mixer.
- Chill cookie dough for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. This keeps it from spreading too thin while the cookies bake.
- Next, using a small cookie scoop to get equal sizing, scoop out cookie dough and then roll it into a ball between your hands.
- If you do not have a cookie scoop, using a spoon to scoop out the same amount each time works just as well. They need to be approximately 1″ cookie dough balls.
- Roll each cookie dough ball in green and red sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- It’s more difficult to gauge when cookies are done after being coated in sugar since you cannot tell when they are turning golden brown.
- To check for doneness, carefully press your finger against one cookie and see how much of an imprint can be made. It shouldn’t be gooey anymore, but soft.
- Wait a few minutes before placing your Candy Cane Hershey Kisses on top of each cookie. Otherwise, you risk melting all the kisses on top of the cookie.
- Carefully press the Candy Cane Hershey Kisses onto each cookie.
Just like that, they’re done and ready to be devoured!
How long do sugar cookies last?
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Looking for other tasty treats?
- Chocolate Drop Cookies
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Shots
- Christmas Ornament Cupcakes
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Texas Roadhouse Honey Cinnamon Butter Monkey Bread
- Kolacky Apricot & Raspberry Cookies
- The Best Red Velvet Cupcakes
Christmas Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Red Colored Sugar
- Green Colored Sugar
- 10 ounces Bag of Hershey Candy Cane Kisses
- Cream butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and blend well. Add flour, salt, and baking powder, mix well. Chill cookie dough for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll between hands to create 1" balls. Roll half of the balls in green sugar, and half of the balls in red sugar.
- Place balls on prepared cookie sheets and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once done baking, allow cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes before adding Candy Cane Hershey Kisses to the center of each cookie. Otherwise, the kisses will melt and not hold their shape.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.