Classic beer cheese fondue blended with cheddar & Swiss cheese, dry ground mustard, garlic, Worcestershire, and beer. Dip your favorite bread, vegetables, and chips into this tasty appetizer!
This cheese course is part of my fondue party comeback. I believe they are a great way to have fun with your guests and family!
If you think about it, they’re perfect for birthday celebrations and anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, New Year’s, and all the holidays in between.
Even over Memorial Day weekend, I’ve served just this classic cheese fondue recipe as an appetizer and it was a huge hit!
If you’ve ever been to Melting Pot fondue restaurant then you know they have amazing cheese fondues. This one is closest to their Wisconsin cheese fondue as far as flavor.
They also have a cheese fondue with salsa and serve tortilla chips with that one. I have included the option to add salsa to this one, which is really tasty!
Ingredients for Classic Beer Cheese Fondue:
- Sharp Cheddar
- Mild Cheddar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Beer (or dry white wine)
- Ground Mustard Powder
- Garlic Powder
What goes with beer cheese fondue?
- Rye Bread
- Pumpernickel Bread
- Sourdough Bread
- Baby Carrots
- Tortilla Chips
- Green Apple Slices
What beer for cheese fondue?
We’ve always used Corona, which is a pale lager. Pale lagers are a golden color, have a lighter flavor, and less alcohol content.
Other popular pale lager brands include Bud Light, Heineken, Stella Artois.
- Do not eat directly off your fondue fork. Not only will the metal be hot, but the fork is quite sharp.
- Do not double-dip back into the fondue pot after eating off of the piece of food.
- Make sure you keep track of which fondue fork is yours.
- Most forks come color coated with two forks in each color. Each guest or family member should receive two fondue forks to cook with.
- If you are serving more than one course of fondue it’s important to give your guests fresh new fondue forks that are clean for each of the courses.
- Remember to have FUN! Fondue is meant to be an enjoyable experience with your family and friends. It helps engage conversation and interact with everyone at your table.
Try these other great recipes!
- 15+ Best Fondue Recipes
- Air Fryer Five-Cheese Lasagna Frittas (Olive Garden Copycat)
- Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Coq au Vin Fondue
- Swiss Cheese Fondue
- Ultimate Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
- Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup