Learn how to make copycat Olive Garden Alfredo sauce! It’s rich, creamy, garlicky, and full of parmesan cheese. Serve sauce with fettuccine noodles, zucchini noodles, lasagna fritta, or breadsticks.
Are you ready for an easy and cheesy dish? It’s so simple to make and not costly to throw together for your family during the weeknights. This copycat Olive Garden Alfredo sauce recipe is pretty close to the real deal.
I’ve been making this recipe for over 10 years and sometimes I like to change it up by adding in Romano or Asiago cheese as well.
Traditionally, Alfredo sauce is made with only Parmesan and butter. However, this recipe is creamier, cheesy, rich, and doesn’t take a lot of fuss to make it.
There are so many yummy Olive Garden copycat recipes out there like air fryer stuffed ziti fritta, five-cheese fonduta dip, lasagna frittas, and their truly addicting never-ending breadsticks (which are perfect for dipping in the five-cheese fonduta!)
Ingredients for Olive Garden’s Alfredo Sauce
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Parsley, which is optional for topping
Asiago and Romano cheese are great additions to this alfredo sauce. If you are making chicken fettuccine Alfredo you will need 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
How to Make Olive Garden’s Alfredo Sauce
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Over medium heat, whisk in heavy cream, and Parmesan and Romano cheese.
- Continuously stir until the cheese is melted and incorporated into the cream and begins to thicken. Stir in garlic salt.
- Serve sauce over fettuccine, zucchini noodles, or dip breadsticks.
How to Add Grilled Chicken
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Once hot, add chicken breasts to the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until no longer pink in the center. Slice into strips.
Looking for a keto chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe?
There are times I do the keto diet and make this Alfredo sauce to top it on some grilled chicken breast strips.
It’s a great alternative for dinner without the carbs, but keeping up your moderate protein and high fat is needed to maintain the keto lifestyle.
Check out these other delicious Italian dishes!
- Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Chicken Marsala
- Crock Pot Chicken Marsala
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- Marsala Wine Sauce with Mushrooms
- One-Pot Three Cheese Chicken & Spinach Pasta
Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- ¾ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ cup Grated Romano Cheese
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Parsley, for topping
Optional – Grilled Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 16 ounces Fettuccine
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Over medium heat, whisk in heavy cream, and all cheese. Continue stirring until cheese is melted and begins to thicken. Stir in garlic salt.
- Serve sauce with fettuccine noodles, zucchini noodles, lasagna rolls, or breadsticks.
Grilled Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Boil 8 cups of water in a pot and add fettuccine noodles. Cook until al dente, according to directions on the box, and drain.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts to grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until no longer pink in the center. Slice into strips.
- Spoon fettuccine sauce over pasta, add chicken strips and sprinkle with parsley and grated Parmesan.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.