Learn how to make restaurant-quality fettuccine alfredo! It’s rich, creamy, garlicky, and full of Parmesan cheese. Also, try it with grilled chicken strips!
Are you ready for an easy and cheesy dish? It’s so simple to make and not costly to throw together for your family during the weeknights.
Italian meals are always a huge hit and are easy to put together for dinner on a budget.
I’ve been making this recipe for over 10 years and sometimes I like to change it up by adding in Romano or Asiago cheese as well.
Traditionally, it is made with Parmesan and butter. However, this version is creamy, cheesy, rich, and doesn’t take a lot of fuss to make it.
Ingredients for Fettuccine Alfredo
- Fettuccine Noodles
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Parsley, which is optional for topping
Asiago and Romano cheese are great additions to this alfredo sauce.
If you are making chicken fettuccine alfredo you will need 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
How to Make Fettuccine Alfredo
Boil 8 cups water in a pot and add fettuccine noodles. Cook until al dente, according to directions on box and drain.
In a saucepan, melt butter. Over medium heat, whisk in heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese (and Romano and Asiago if adding them to the sauce.)
Continue stirring until cheese is melted and begins to thicken. Stir in garlic salt.
Serve sauce over fettuccine noodles and top with parsley.
How to Make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Once hot, add chicken breasts to grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until no longer pink in the center. Slice into strips.
Looking for a keto chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe?
There are times I do the keto diet and make this Alfredo sauce to top it on some grilled chicken breast strips.
It’s a great alternative for dinner without the carbs, but keeping up your moderate protein and high fat that is needed to maintain the keto lifestyle.
Check out these other Italian dishes!
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- Kraft’s Italian Pasta Salad
- Marsala Chicken
- Marsala Meatloaf
- Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan & Penne
- One-Pot Three Cheese Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- 16 oz Fettuccine Noodles
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan
- 2 pints Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Parsley, for topping
Optional - Try it with these extras!
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Grated Romano
- 1/2 cup Grated Asiago - Add both kinds of cheese to the sauce
- Boil 8 cups of water in a pot and add fettuccine noodles. Cook until al dente, according to directions on the box, and drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Over medium heat, whisk in heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese (and Romano and Asiago if using them.) Continue stirring until cheese is melted and begins to thicken. Stir in garlic salt.
- Serve sauce over fettuccine noodles and top with parsley.
Grilled Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts to grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until no longer pink in the center. Slice into strips.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 862Total Fat 78gSaturated Fat 49gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 235mgSodium 733mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 13g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.