Firecracker Brussels sprouts will light a fire in your mouth and warm your belly. They are oven-roasted and full of flavor and spices like garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
Ingredients for Firecracker Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts
- Vegetable Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Favorite Hot Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Smoked Paprika
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
How to Cook Firecracker Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse all of the sprouts, cut the stems off, and cut in half on the long side of the sprout. Place cut sprouts on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and pour over top of the Brussels sprouts. Stir to evenly coat.
How long to bake Brussels sprouts?
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20-25 minutes, until they reach a dark brown color and are tender on the inside.
How to know Brussels Sprouts are Done
It can be tricky knowing when Brussels sprouts are done. After all, these particular ones in this recipe are covered in spices that alter their color.
Plus, have you ever noticed how quickly the outside edges seem to cook and carmelize in the oven? They can turn from green to dark brown before the middle is done cooking.
Brussels sprouts are done cooking when the outside is a golden brown, the edges are slightly crispy, and the inside is tender.
Are Brussels sprouts good for you?
There are many health benefits to eating Brussels sprouts.
They are high in fiber, rich in antioxidants, high in vitamin C and K, and it’s also believed they have cancer-preventing capabilities and protect against carcinogens. How cool is that?
Try these other delicious dishes!
- Cast-Iron Skillet Flank Steak
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
- Juicy Air Fryer Steak
- Pork Medallions
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken