This is a four-cheese ravioli casserole recipe with layers of frozen ravioli, pasta sauce, and melted mozzarella. Optionally, you can also add ground beef to the pasta sauce. It also makes a great freezer meal.
This is a ravioli casserole recipe that can be a dump recipe if you do not use ground beef or precooked ravioli.
It’s as easy as placing the frozen ravioli in the casserole dish, adding a jar of pasta sauce, and topping it with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
I love the ease and simplicity of this dish that only needs 4 ingredients to make and feeds the whole family on any given weeknight.
The layers of ravioli bake until tender in the pasta sauce and the melted cheese is gooey on top. It only takes a few minutes of prep time and is also an easy make-ahead recipe.
Ingredients for Baked Ravioli Casserole
- Frozen Four-Cheese Stuffed Ravioli
- Pasta Sauce
- Grated Parmesan
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Ground Beef or Italian Sausage, optional
How to Cook Frozen Ravioli as a Dump Recipe
This dish can be prepared from frozen ravioli and a jar of pasta sauce which makes for a great “dump” recipe.
- Grease a 9″x13″ baking dish and add the frozen ravioli.
- Stir in a jar of pasta sauce.
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Spray aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray so the cheese does not stick. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 60 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
Recipe with Precooked Ravioli and Meat
To cut baking time, but add a little prep work, you can also boil the noodles according to the package directions prior to baking.
This cuts the baking time down to 20-25 minutes but adds approximately 4 minutes of boiling time. Still a huge time saver!
- Layer the dish starting with ravioli.
- Add a layer of sauce and/or meat.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake it in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the sauce is heated through and the mozzarella is melted on top.
- Broil for 2 minutes to get the cheese golden brown on top.
What to Serve with Ravioli Casserole
I always enjoy a light salad or roasted vegetables to balance the heaviness of pasta dishes. My breadcrumb Caesar salad is paired great with this dish. Garlic bread or breadsticks are also my go-to with pasta.
If you’re looking for an appetizer to go with this meal, you can’t go wrong with tomato and basil bruschetta.
Can You Freeze Ravioli Casserole
Yes, this dish can be frozen both before or after it’s cooked.
If you plan to freeze before cooking, simply prepare the layers in a casserole dish, wrap in plastic wrap, and place it in the freezer for another time. Store it for up to 2-3 months in the freezer.
To freeze it after it’s been cooked, allow it to fully cool. Then wrap it in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container.
How to Reheat Ravioli Casserole
When you’re ready to heat it up, remove it from the freezer and allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
For uncooked ravioli, follow the frozen ravioli recipe directions for heating below. For precooked, follow the precooked heating directions below.
Try these other delicious Italian recipes!
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- Crispy Homemade Pizza
- Crock Pot Chicken Marsala
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan
Baked Easy Cheesy Ravioli Casserole with Frozen Ravioli
- 48 ounces Frozen Four-Cheese Stuffed Ravioli
- 48 ounces Pasta Sauce in a Jar, Bertolli's is my personal favorite
- 1 cup Mozzarella, sliced or shredded
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Italian Sausage, optional
Dump Recipe with Frozen Ravioli
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13" x 9" dish. Add frozen ravioli to dish and stir in pasta sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan.
- Spray aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray to prevent cheese from sticking and place on top of dish. Bake in the oven for approximately 60 minutes, until pasta is cooked through.
Recipe with Precooked Ravioli and Meat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13" x 9" dish and set aside.
- Boil ravioli according to package directions. Cook ground beef or Italian sausage until browned and drain grease. Add pasta sauce to ground meat.
- Place a single layer of ravioli in the bottom of the baking dish and top with a layer of meat sauce. Layer the dish in this order three times and then top with mozzarella and Parmesan. Layering the dish is easier when using precooked pasta, otherwise, the ravioli will pop open as they're stirred.
- Spray aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray to prevent cheese from sticking and place on top of the dish. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, then remove the aluminum foil, and broil for 2 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned on top.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.