No-peel Instant Pot apple butter made with fresh apples made tender, puréed, and seasoned with cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and vanilla. Perfect for spreading on toast or adding to apple butter cupcakes.
This is a delicious Instant Pot apple butter recipe!
I first made it in an Instant Pot so that I could make my apple butter cupcakes, which are super yummy if I do say so myself.
In this recipe, the apples can be left peeled or unpeeled. I’ve made it both ways and leaving the skin on is not an issue.
The skin of the apple gets so tender and then is puréed with an immersion blender or food processor.
I run into small pieces left behind, but it’s nothing that can’t be picked out.
Why is it called butter?
It’s actually not the consistency of butter.
It’s more like a fruit jam or jelly, but has less sugar content.
It also spreads much easier, like butter.
Instant Pot Apple Butter Ingredients
Apples (I used Red Delicious)
Pure Vanilla Extract
How to Make Apple Butter in the Instant Pot
Add sliced apples, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and allspice to the Instant Pot and stir to coat apple slices.
Place lid on, and seal vent. Set to ‘Manual’ and set timer to 15 minutes.
Once timer goes off, allow to natural release for 10 minutes then open the vent (carefully, with an oven mitt so the hot steam does not get you.)
Purée apples with an immersion blender, a blender, or a food processor.
Be very careful if transferring as it’s extremely hot!
If any apple skin is left after blending, discard it.
Next, set Instant Pot to ‘Saute’ and cook for 5-10 minutes while stirring often until it is thickened.
Uses for Apple Butter
- Apple Butter Cupcakes
- Mix into your morning oatmeal
- Spread on toast
- Use it in a pie recipe in place of pumpkin puree
- Use it in a bread recipe in place of banana
- Spoon it on to Kolacky’s cookies
- Make apple turnovers
- Spread on to pancakes
- Bake on top of pork chops or ham
How to Store Homemade Apple Butter
Store in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.
If you don’t think you will get through it all in 1-2 weeks it can be kept frozen too.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months, but be sure to leave room at the top of the container for it to expand as it freezes.
Try these other fall favorites!
- Apple Butter Cupcakes
- Banana Nut Bread
- Boozy Apple Slushies
- Caramel Crispix
- Caramel Cupcakes
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Potatoes
- Honey Cinnamon Butter Monkey Bread
- Iced Pumpkin Bread
- Minny’s Chocolate Pie
- Pecan Tassies
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- The Best Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 2 lbs Apples (I used Red Delicious), cored and sliced in quarters. They can be peeled or unpeeled.
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ⅛ tsp Allspice
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot and stir to coat apple slices.
- Place lid on, and close vent. Set to ‘Manual’ and set timer to 15 minutes. Once timer goes off, allow to natural release for 10 minutes then open the vent (carefully, with an oven mitt so the hot steam does not get you.)
- Purée apples with an immersion blender or in a blender or food processor (be very careful if transferring as it’s extremely hot!) If any apple skin is left, remove it.
- Next, to reach desired consistency, set Instant Pot to ‘Saute’ and cook for 5-10 minutes while stirring often.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.