Looking for a soup with ground beef?
Instant Pot meatball and potato soup has meatballs made of ground beef, potatoes, celery, and carrots that have been pressure cooked in a savory chicken broth. All done in an hour!
Instant Pot meatball and potato soup has simple, clean flavors that allow the meatballs and vegetables to speak for themselves.
The savory broth is just a bonus!
This soup can be thought of as a “poor man’s beef stew” with meatballs in place of pieces of steak. It’s equally delicious and has its own unique flavors.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Meatball and Potato Soup
- Ground Beef
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Celery Stalks
- Chicken Broth
How to Make Meatball and Potato Soup
Rinse and dice all vegetables into bite-size pieces.
In a large bowl, mix together meatball ingredients and then shape into 1″ balls. A small cookie scoop works perfectly for getting the right size and shape.
Set the Instant Pot to the Saute setting and add olive oil.
Once it is hot, add meatballs and cook until they are browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
You may need to work in 2 batches to get all of them cooked. Set them to the side after they are done cooking.
Pour chicken broth into the pot and scrape up any tidbits left from the meatballs. Add all soup ingredients except the meatballs and stir.
Carefully place the meatballs back in the pot and stir.
Place the lid on, with the vent sealed, and select Meat/Stew. Set it to cook on ‘more’ or ‘high’ for 20 minutes.
Once it is done cooking, quick release by opening the vent.
Try these other delicious soups!
- 50 Best Soups for Cold Weather
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Double-Roux Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- Garlic Bread Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore Chili
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Lobster Bisque
- Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3-4 Medium-Sized Potatoes, peeled & diced (About 3 cups)
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled & diced
- 48 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- Dice all vegetables. In a large bowl, mix together meatball ingredients and then shape into 1" balls. A small cookie scoop works perfect for getting the size and shape.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute setting and add olive oil. Once hot, add meatballs and cook until they are browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. May need to work in 2 batches to get all of them cooked. Set to the side.
- Add chicken broth and scrape up any tidbits from the bottom of the pot. Add all soup ingredients and stir. Add meatballs back to the pot and carefully stir once more.
- Place the lid on, with the vent sealed, and select Meat/Stew. Set it to cook on 'more' or 'high' for 20 minutes. Once it is done cooking, quick release.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.