This is a recipe for lobster roll sandwiches served on a toasted hoagie with succulent pieces of lobster, shallots, celery, dill, mayonnaise, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
The original recipe was posted on 12/2/19 and was updated on 7/23/21 to refresh the recipe with extra delicious flavors.
These lobster rolls are super tasty!
They are not sushi like the name would probably suggest. Rather, it’s a lobster salad served in a hot hoagie bun.
Taking something so luxurious like a lobster tail and breaking it down into a hoagie bun may seem wrong, backward, against nature, but you will not be sorry! They are really good and my family loved them.
We had a night of trying different meat salads: chicken salad on pretzel buns, tuna salad on whole-wheat toast, and lobster salad on hoagie buns.
It was so delicious trying each one!
Ingredients for Lobster Rolls
- Hoagie Buns
- Lobster Tail (Any part of the lobster can be substituted depending on availability)
- Fresh Lemon
The hoagie buns pictured here are mini hoagies and I was able to get 4 mini hoagies filled with the amount of lobster salad in this recipe. It will also fill 2 regular-sized hoagies.
How Much Time to Boil Lobster Tail
About 5-7 minutes. Drop them in once the salted water is boiling.
How to Know When Lobster Tails are Done
Keep a watchful eye out for the shell/tail to turn bright red. The meat will also become white all the way through and no longer translucent.
What Goes with Lobster Rolls
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Easy Fresh Herb Gluten-Free Potato Salad
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Kraft’s Italian Pasta Salad
- Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
- Spicy Coleslaw
Try these other delicious seafood recipes!
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Coq au Vin Fondue (Delicious with all seafood.)
- Fish Tacos with Spicy Slaw
- Glazed Salmon
- Double-Roux Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- Lobster Bisque
- Shrimp in Garlic Wine Sauce
- 2 Large Hoagie Buns (or 4 minis)
- 1 lb Lobster Tail
- 2 Celery Stalks, finely diced (About ⅓ cup)
- 1 Shallot, finely dined
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp Dill
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- A squeeze of Fresh Lemon
- Sliced Green Onion for topping
- Boil lobster tail in salted water for 5-7 minutes until lobster tail is bright red and lobster meat is opaque. Allow lobster to cool in colander or strainer.
- Remove lobster meat from the shell by cutting down the inner spine of the tail. Carefully remove the meat and dice it into chunks.
- Add celery, shallot, mayonnaise, butter, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice to a bowl and mix well. Add lobster meat and mix well.
- Can be served immediately or cold. If serving cold, refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Before serving, slice hoagie buns length-wise and place on a baking sheet with inside facing down. Broil buns in oven on high for 1-2 minutes, checking often until they reach a golden brown and do not burn.
- Add lobster salad to the hoagie buns.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 458Total Fat 15.2gSaturated Fat 4.9gCholesterol 225mgSodium 1847mgCarbohydrates 29.9gFiber 0.6gSugar 1.5gProtein 70g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.