This is a recipe for lobster roll sandwiches served on a toasted hoagie with succulent pieces of lobster, shallots, celery, dill, mayonnaise, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
The original recipe was posted on 12/2/19 and was updated on 7/23/21 to refresh the recipe with extra delicious flavors.
These lobster rolls are super tasty!
They are not sushi like the name would probably suggest. Rather, it’s a lobster salad served in a hot hoagie bun.
Taking something so luxurious like a lobster tail and breaking it down into a hoagie bun may seem wrong, backward, against nature, but you will not be sorry! They are really good and my family loved them.
We had a night of trying different meat salads: chicken salad on pretzel buns, tuna salad on whole-wheat toast, and lobster salad on hoagie buns.
It was so delicious trying each one!
Ingredients for Lobster Rolls
- Hoagie Buns
- Lobster Tail (Any part of the lobster can be substituted depending on availability)
- Fresh Lemon
The hoagie buns pictured here are mini hoagies and I was able to get 4 mini hoagies filled with the amount of lobster salad in this recipe. It will also fill 2 regular-sized hoagies.
How Much Time to Boil Lobster Tail
About 5-7 minutes. Drop them in once the salted water is boiling.
How to Know When Lobster Tails are Done
Keep a watchful eye out for the shell/tail to turn bright red. The meat will also become white all the way through and no longer translucent.
What Goes with Lobster Rolls
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Easy Fresh Herb Gluten-Free Potato Salad
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Kraft’s Italian Pasta Salad
- Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
- Spicy Coleslaw
Try these other delicious seafood recipes!
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Coq au Vin Fondue (Delicious with all seafood.)
- Fish Tacos with Spicy Slaw
- Glazed Salmon
- Double-Roux Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- Lobster Bisque
- Shrimp in Garlic Wine Sauce
Easy Lobster Rolls
- 2 Large Hoagie Buns, or 4 minis
- 1 lb Lobster Tail
- 2 Celery Stalks, finely diced (About ⅓ cup)
- 1 Shallot, finely dined
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp Dill
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- A squeeze of Fresh Lemon
- Sliced Green Onion for topping
- Boil lobster tail in salted water for 5-7 minutes until lobster tail is bright red and lobster meat is opaque. Allow lobster to cool in colander or strainer.
- Remove lobster meat from the shell by cutting down the inner spine of the tail. Carefully remove the meat and dice it into chunks.
- Add celery, shallot, mayonnaise, butter, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice to a bowl and mix well. Add lobster meat and mix well.
- Can be served immediately or cold. If serving cold, refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Before serving, slice hoagie buns length-wise and place on a baking sheet with inside facing down. Broil buns in oven on high for 1-2 minutes, checking often until they reach a golden brown and do not burn.
- Add lobster salad to the hoagie buns.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.