Meatloaf Marsala is baked ground beef, Italian flavors, and a Marsala wine sauce with sautéed mushrooms poured over the top.
I happen to really like chicken Marsala and decided I could get those same great flavors into a meatloaf. Because who doesn’t want to elevate a loaf of meat?
What type of wine is Marsala?
Marsala wine comes in both red and white, and sweet and dry. It is a fortified wine, which means additional alcohol is added to bring it’s alcohol content up.
Marsala wine is originated in the small town of Marsala in Sicily, Italy.
Which type of Marsala wine is used to cook with?
Dry Marsala wine is traditionally used and preferred in cooking savory dishes.
Ingredients for Meatloaf Marsala
- Ground Beef or Ground Chicken
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Broth (Use beef broth for the ground beef. If using ground chicken use chicken broth.)
- Large Eggs
- Black Pepper
- Grated Parmesan
Ingredients for Marsala Gravy
- Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Garlic, minced
- All-Purpose Flour
- Beef Broth
- Chicken Broth
- Marsala Wine
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Fresh Parsley
Meatloaf Marsala can be made ahead. I recommend mixing all of the meatloaf ingredients and refrigerating for up to 24 hours prior to baking.
The Marsala sauce can be made ahead as well. Store in an airtight container until ready to use within 3-4 days. Once it is ready to be eaten, place in a saucepan on the stove and heat through.
How long does meatloaf Marsala last?
In the refrigerator, it can last up to 3-4 days.
Vegetable Sides for Meatloaf Marsala
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- 2 lbs Ground Beef or Ground Chicken
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 3/4 cup Broth (Use beef broth for the ground beef. If using ground chicken use chicken broth.)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 12 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Marsala Wine
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients until well mixed. Place on baking pan and form in to the shape of a loaf.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until juices run clear and center is no longer pink. The center should read 165º F for ground chicken and 160º F for ground beef. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the meatloaf cooks, make the gravy by melting butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once melted, add mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Add garlic and cook 30-60 seconds more until fragrant. Add broth, Marsala wine, heavy whipping cream, and parsley. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve over top of meatloaf and top with fresh parsley.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 832Total Fat 52gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 274mgSodium 1418mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 56g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.
Try these other great meals!
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Chicken Marsala
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- Garlic Bread Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Marsala Wine Sauce with Mushrooms
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan & Penne
- One-Pot Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- Shrimp in Garlic Wine Sauce