Mint chocolate chip cupcakes with a moist devil’s chocolate cupcake and mint-flavored frosting with mini chocolate chips on top.
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Ingredients for Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Cold Water
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract
Mint Chip Frosting
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Mint Extract
- Mint Green Gel Food Coloring
How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line regular-sized cupcake pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream shortening and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla extract, blend well.
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder with water and add to the mixing bowl. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend dry ingredients into mixing bowl, breaking up any lumps.
- Fill each cupcake liner with about 3 tablespoons of batter. Bake for 15-18 minutes until cupcakes are cooked through the center.
- To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of a cupcake. If it comes out gooey, allow more cook time.
Mint Frosting Recipe
- Mix shortening and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream together. Slowly add confectioners’ sugar.
- Add mint extract and mint green gel food coloring and mix until well blended. Add more heavy cream if needed for desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes once they have fully cooled.
What tip do you use to decorate mint chocolate chip cupcakes?
How to decorate cupcakes with frosting?
Blue Pixie Cupcakes on YouTube gives the basics of piping with a variety of decorator tips to show how each one looks. (Plus I just love her accent!)
Try these other tasty treats!
- Caramel Cupcakes
- Cherry Chip Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- Chocolate Drop Cookies with Chocolate Frosting
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Frozen Mudslides
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Milk Chocolate Cupcakes
- Minny’s Chocolate Pie
- Oreo Bottom Cupcakes
- Raspberry Cupcakes
- The Best Red Velvet Cupcakes