Have you had Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos? They’re so tasty! This is a copycat recipe with crispy fried wonton chips, Italian sausage crumbles, pepperoni, pepper rings, and melted mozzarella cheese served with marinara dipping sauce.
Have you been to Old Chicago and tried their Italian Nachos? They’re so tasty!
We were going to have a get together one night and I thought, “I wish I could make those. It’d be perfect with our lasagna.”
I sought out what would be closest to the “chips” they use. I found wonton wrappers to be the best choice and they were a big hit!
Ingredients for Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos
- Wonton Wrappers
- Ground Italian Pork Sausage
- Pepper Rings
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Marinara Sauce
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
Cut your wonton wrappers in half diagonally to make triangles.
Fry them in oil fo about 2 minutes per side. It can be difficult to tell if they are done and may still look light-colored. After you remove them from the pan, they continue to brown.
Cook the Italian sausage for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
Spread the wonton chips evenly on a baking sheet, some overlapping. Begin adding your toppings by layering with cooked Italian sausage, pepperonis, pepper rings, and finishing with mozzarella.
I put some mozzarella underneath so that it adheres to the chips a little better. I’ve noticed some chips end up not getting any toppings on them if I don’t layer it a few times.
Be sure to serve it with marinara sauce!
Try these other great recipes!
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Cajun Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Garlic Bread Soup
- Kraft’s Italian Pasta Salad
- Lasagna with Four-Cheese Ravioli
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan
Great Italian Appetizers:
- Air Fryer Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta’s
- Bolognese Ground Beef Stuffed Mushrooms
- Bruschetta with Tomato & Basil
- Cream Cheese Italian Pinwheels
- Easy Keto Italian Sausage Meatballs
- Easy Rosemary Focaccia Bread that’s great for dipping in Garlic and Herb Bread Dipping Oil
- Lasagna Dip
- Pepperoni & Cheese Pizza Roll-Ups
- Roasted Red Pepper Ricotta Crostini
- Toasted Spinach Pesto Ravioli