Looking for an easy one-pot recipe? Check out this tasty air fryer sausage, pepper, onion, and potato recipe for your dinner tonight – all done cooking in under 22 minutes!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Filling the home with a scent of spices like garlic, pepper, turmeric, and coriander, this dish will leave the kitchen smelling good all day. It only needs a few ingredients like smoked sausage, peppers, onions, and potatoes. All while using spices you may already have in the cupboard.
I love this recipe because I can throw it in one pot and let it sit for a while so I can do other things.
It is a great dinner to throw together in a few minutes, and once you get it all in the air fryer, the work is done for you. It’s convenient, easy, and totally satisfying.
Can You Make Sausage and Veggies in an Air Fryer?
Making sausage can be really easy in the air fryer, even if it is raw. In the air fryer, you can throw it in and let it cook through. The air in the basket is distributed evenly, making it one of the best ways to get perfectly cooked sausage every time.
Air fryers are like a small convection oven, and it helps roast things in a smaller way in less time.
How Long Does it Take to Cook Veggies in an Air Fryer?
This recipe is one of the best if you are looking for a short prepping time and time to do other things as it cooks. It should take you about ten minutes to chop everything up and get it into the air fryers basket.
Then you have 20 minutes to do anything else you want; you can make sides or go do a load of laundry. This recipe allows you to go do other things while it cooks everything for you at once.
Tips on Using an Air Fryer
There are some tips you should keep in mind when cooking anything in the air fryer. If you are a newbie, this one-pot air fryer recipe is a great one to practice with. Keep these tips in mind as you go.
- Preheat Your Air Fryer In most cases, the air fryer heats so quickly that it does not need to preheat prior to cooking.
- Oil the Basket Another thing to keep in mind is oiling the basket or even making a tinfoil basket inside of your air fryer. This will keep it from sticking.
- Don’t Crowd the Basket Some foods need to cook in a single layer, while others like this recipe can be put in all at once so dinner is complete when the timer goes off.
How to Cook Air Fryer Sausage, Peppers, Onions, and Potatoes
- In one bowl, add in sliced smoked sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions.
- Add in all of the spices with some olive oil to the bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients to your air fryer basket.
- Set to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 18-22 minutes.
- Check the potatoes for doneness by piercing with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy!
This simple one-pot air fryer sausage, peppers, onions, and potato recipe is heavenly. The spices marry together with the potatoes and smoked sausage to create a dream dish.
There is something so magical and easy about using the air fryer for a quick meal. It is a total game-changer for many people, including me!
Try these other delicious air fryer recipes!
- 30-Minute Pepper Steak
- Chicken Fajitas
- Mushrooms & Onions
- Steak and Chicken Kabobs
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Teriyaki & Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
Air Fryer Sausage, Peppers, Onions, and Potatoes
- 12 oz Smoked Sausage, ¼ or ½″ slices
- ½ lb Baby Yellow Potatoes, quartered
- 6 oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 1-2 Small Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Coriander
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Add smoked sausage, onions, peppers, potatoes, and mushrooms to a large bowl and toss with olive oil. Add all seasonings and stir to coat.
- Pour into air fryer basket and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-22 minutes. Check potatoes for doneness by piercing with a fork. If needing additional time, cook just the potatoes until done.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.
We loved this recipe, I added diced chicken as well and at the end added garlic butter and then mixed one more time. My husband loved it.
Can you make it with Italian sausage?
Italian sausage links would cook the same as the sausages in the recipe so long as they’re in a casing. Sounds tasty to me!
10/10, so delicious!!! My husband and I wanted to eat more veggies and wanted a simple and tasty recipe. This recipe is fulfilling, easy and DELICIOUS! It’s going to be one of our regular meals! Thank you for posting this!!
Quick, easy and yummy! Thanks for sharing 💕
A+++ Absolutely fantastic recipe! I halved the amounts now I kinda wish I hadn’t. I’d definitely eat leftovers tomorrow!! Thank you!