Moist pumpkin bars with homemade melt-in-your-mouth cream cheese frosting that is a perfect fall favorite and holiday treat!
This recipe makes a large batch of pumpkin bars. A half sheet, to be exact.
Oh but trust me, they will get eaten!
I’ve found making this one batch is perfect for sharing at the holidays and also taking to our holiday potluck at work and I don’t have to make a double batch.
I used to work in a local bakery and these turn out even better than theirs!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Puree
- All-Purpose Flour
- White Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Parchment Paper
- Sprinkles of Cinnamon
- Fall Colored Sprinkles
- Mini Pumpkin Candies
What size pan is needed for pumpkin bars?
- I baked my pumpkin bars in a 12″ x 17″ half sheet baking pan which I cut into 4 x 8 rows to yield 32 bars.
- You can also get a 10″ x 15″ jelly roll pan that will give a slightly taller pumpkin bar and yields 28 depending on how large you like your pieces to be.
The Cream Cheese Frosting
My family and I love cream cheese frosting so I add more cream cheese than the typical cream cheese frosting recipe. If you’re like us, you should try my melt-in-your-mouth cream cheese frosting! I do the same when I’m making red velvet cupcakes.
Try these other tasty favorites!
- Banana Nut Bread
- Butterscotch Blondies
- Caramel Crispix
- Cherry Chip Cupcakes
- Chocolate Drop Cookies with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Kolacky Apricot & Raspberry Cookies
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cream Cheese Frosting
- Minny’s Chocolate Pie
- New York Cheesecake
- Oreo Bottom Cupcakes
- Pecan Tassies
- The Best Red Velvet Cupcakes