Carrots roasted in garlic butter, topped with Parmesan cheese and parsley. It’s the perfect side dish for everyday dinner, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or even during the summer if you have fresh carrots from your garden!
These roasted carrots are very tasty! They have a bit of a crunch to them from the Parmesan and from roasting in butter. It’s the perfect bite!
The Parmesan actually gives it a bit of a sweet flavor, in my opinion, but it is still a savory dish in the end.
Are Roasted Carrots Considered Keto?
While most vegetables are considered low-carb and keto-friendly, carrots belong to the starchy group of vegetables like potatoes and corn.
One cup of baby carrots has approximately 11 grams of carbohydrates and 5 grams of sugar. Eating a small amount of carrots on the keto diet is okay, but you will have to reserve carbs elsewhere to cover them.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
Only 5 ingredients!
- Baby Carrots or Whole Carrots Sliced into 3″ Pieces
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- I used baby carrots, but you can obviously use whole carrots and chop them down to size. I just happened to have a large bag of carrots from Sam’s Club and needed to use them up.
- If you don’t have parchment paper – no problem! Just lightly grease the pan instead. Even with the butter, they can begin to stick.
- Drizzle your carrots with melted garlic butter and toss it in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- After baking for 10 minutes, stir the carrots, sprinkle with Parmesan & parsley, and bake for an additional ten minutes. It’s that easy!
Want More Than Carrots?
It’s easy to add in broccoli, asparagus, diced potatoes, onion, parsnips, cauliflower, mushrooms, or Brussels sprouts. If so, you will simply need to add more garlic butter for baking. Also, check for doneness by piercing the vegetables.
Try these other recipes!
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Cheesy Potatoes
- Crown Rib Roast
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Glazed Salmon
- Meatloaf Marsala
- Pork Schnitzel
- Stuffed Poblano Peppers