This is an easy air fryer salmon recipe cooked to perfection and fits in the keto diet. Plus, find out how to know when salmon is cooked.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Air Fryer Salmon Ingredients
- Salmon Fillets, Skin removed
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
How to Cook Salmon in Air Fryer
To allow the salmon to brown evenly in the air fryer, lightly spray the fillet with olive oil or drizzle a small amount and rub it on the outside.
Season both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
Make an aluminum foil sling for the air fryer basket to prevent the salmon from sticking. Salmon can be very delicate and sticks easily.
To create the foil sling, take one rectangular sheet of aluminum foil and fold the sides on the long edge into the center as shown in the photo above.
The idea is to have it wide enough to fit the salmon fillets.
Place the foil sing into the air fryer basket and press it into the bottom and sides. Lightly spray the foil with oil.
Place the salmon on to the sling and close the basket or lid.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 4-5 minutes. No flipping is required.
Use the sling to remove the salmon from the basket. Be careful as it will be hot inside the basket.
How to Know Salmon is Cooked
According to the USDA, it’s recommended that salmon reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit at its thickest part. However, many cooks will agree it’s overcooked by the time it reaches that temperature.
I’ve cooked it to that temperature and it was dry and oozing white albumin.
125 degrees Fahrenheit turned out to be the perfect temperature when inserting a thermometer into the thickest part of the fillet.
It was flaky and the inside was no longer translucent, which is exactly what you want to see.
Because of the great variation of temperatures in ovens, and thickness of the fillets, it’s best to keep a watchful eye on the fish to get a feel for doneness.
For best results, check doneness by lightly pressing a fork against the thickest part. If it flakes and is not translucent inside, it’s done cooking.
Is Salmon Keto Friendly?
Salmon is low-carb and high-protein which makes it great for those following the keto diet.
When things like brown sugar are added that is when it’s no longer keto-friendly.
See salmon nutrition facts below the recipe card for more information about this specific recipe.
Try These Other Delicious Seafood Recipes!
- Double-Roux Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- Easy Lobster Bisque
- Fish Tacos with Spicy Slaw
- Glazed Salmon
- Lobster Rolls
- Shrimp in Garlic Wine Sauce
Simple Air Fryer Salmon Fillets
- 2-4 oz Salmon Fillets, Skin removed
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Aluminum Foil
- Lightly spray or rub oil on salmon and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare an aluminum foil sling for the air fryer basket to set the salmon on. See the above photo for details. Press the foil sling onto the bottom and sides of the basket. Lightly spray with oil to prevent sticking.
- Place salmon on the sling in the basket and set to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes. Cook times may vary with different air fryers.
- To check for doneness, use a fork to flake the thickest part of the salmon on one side. If it is flakey and no longer translucent inside, it is done.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.