Snow ice cream made with real snow from outside, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. It requires no churning, can be served right away, and if you want chocolate just add cocoa!
If you’re looking for no-churn ice cream look no further than your back yard.
When life gives you snow, make snow storm ice cream!
It’s really easy to make and it can be served immediately before it begins to melt.
Snow Ice Cream Ingredients
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- For Chocolate Ice Cream – Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
How to Make Snow Ice Cream
Add milk, sugar, and vanilla together and let the sugar dissolve.
Step outside and scoop up about 8 cups (half-gallon) of fresh untouched snow. It doesn’t need to be packed down.
Stir snow into the milk. The consistency will begin to form into fluffy ice cream.
If you want chocolate, whisk together the milk and unsweetened cocoa together then stir it into the snow.
How to Make Snow Ice Cream without Milk
If you are looking for an option without milk, substitute with 1 cup almond or soy milk. The taste will be slightly different, but it will still have the same consistency.
If you are looking for alternatives to regular milk add 1 cup of any of the following:
- Evaporated Milk – Canned cow’s milk with 60% water removed, no added sugar, and a creamy texture
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Same as evaporated milk, but has added sugar and thicker consistency
- Half & Half – Half milk, half cream
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Rich, high-fat cream
Obviously, the taste and consistencies will vary with each of these types, but overall gives a delicious ice cream.
How to Store Snow Ice Cream
It can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2-3 months for best quality.
Try these other delicious winter recipes!
- 50 Best Soups for Cold Weather
- Banana Nut Bread
- Easiest Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Meatball and Potato Soup
- Garlic Bread Soup
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Ham
- Valentine’s Hot Chocolate Bombs
Snow Ice Cream
- 8 cups Snow
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- For chocolate, add 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Combine milk, sugar, and vanilla together and let the sugar dissolve. For chocolate, whisk the cocoa powder into the milk together before adding to the snow.
- Scoop 8 cups (about a half-gallon) of fresh untouched snow in a large bowl. Combine all ingredients and serve immediately. The consistency should be somewhat fluffy.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.