Crispy pan-fried prosciutto and arugula on baked flatbread drizzled with spicy honey.
Have you ever had prosciutto? Or arugula? Me either.
At least, not until now. I tried a similar recipe at a wedding I was at and wanted to recreate the flavors.
Ingredients for Spicy Honey Prosciutto Flatbread:
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Yellow Onion
Can prosciutto be cooked?
Prosciutto is like a thinner, fancier Italian version of bacon. It’s usually served uncooked, but in this recipe, it is cooked like bacon.
It cooks a lot faster than bacon.
Other Tasty Prosciutto Dishes:
- Burrata and Prosciutto Foccacia
- Garlic Shrimp Linguine with Crispy Prosciutto
- Grilled Italian Chicken Rollettes
- Italian Style Smothered Pork Chops
- Pork Wellington
Now for the arugula, it is uncooked and used more as a topping. It can be left whole or chopped fine.
The arugula can be somewhat hard to find depending on the season.
I’ve found it at my local grocery mixed in a spinach/arugula salad mix and that was the only way to purchase it.
It is also at Whole Foods if you have one of those nearby.
When it comes to the flatbread, you are looking for the naan style flatbread. It’s like a cross between pita bread and chewy pizza crust, but it originates in Asia.
Looking for other flatbread pizza recipes?
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Beef Crostini with Mascarpone Sauce
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Easy Homemade Chicken Flautas
- Instant Pot Street-Style Beef Tacos
- Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos (Copycat Recipe)
- Swiss Cheese Fondue