Spicy honey prosciutto flatbread with crispy pan-fried prosciutto and arugula on baked flatbread drizzled with spicy honey.
Have you ever had prosciutto? Or arugula?
These ingredients are seen less common in my area, but I think they should be used more.
Prosciutto is like a fancier, thinner version of bacon and who doesn’t love bacon?!
Arugula is packed full of nutrients like calcium, potassium, folate, vitamin A, C, and K and gives a peppery flavored crunchy bite to this dish.
Ingredients for Spicy Honey Prosciutto Flatbread:
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Yellow Onion
Can prosciutto be cooked?
Prosciutto is like a thinner, fancier Italian version of bacon. It’s usually served uncooked, but in this recipe, it is cooked like bacon.
It cooks a lot faster than bacon.
Other Tasty Prosciutto Dishes:
- Burrata and Prosciutto Foccacia
- Garlic Shrimp Linguine with Crispy Prosciutto
- Grilled Italian Chicken Rollettes
- Italian Style Smothered Pork Chops
- Pork Wellington
For the arugula, it is left uncooked in this recipe and used more as a topping. It can be left whole or chopped fine.
The arugula can be somewhat hard to find depending on the season.
I’ve found it at my local grocery mixed in a spinach/arugula salad mix and that was the only way to purchase it.
It is also at Whole Foods if you have one of those nearby.
What is flatbread pizza?
Flatbread pizza is very much how it sounds.
It’s a flattened bread-style pizza. There’s no yeast so it does not rise and remains flat.
When it comes to the flatbread for this recipe, look for the naan-style flatbread.
It’s like a cross between pita bread and chewy pizza crust, but it originates in Asia.
If you are unable to find naan-style flatbread, a regular flatbread pizza works just as well.
What is flatbread made out of?
The basic ingredients of flatbread are flour, water, and salt. It contains no yeast.
Looking for other flatbread pizza recipes?
How many carbs in flatbread? How many calories in flatbread pizza?
To see the nutritional value of this flatbread recipe, see the nutritional facts below the recipe card.
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Beef Crostini with Mascarpone Sauce
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Easy Homemade Chicken Flautas
- Instant Pot Street-Style Beef Tacos
- Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos (Copycat Recipe)
- Swiss Cheese Fondue
- 2 Flatbreads
- 3 oz Prosciutto
- 2 oz Arugula
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 1/3 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic, divided
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle each flatbread with olive oil and spread minced garlic evenly between both flatbreads. Place flatbread directly on the oven rack for 5 minutes. Then remove from oven and set aside.
- Cut prosciutto and onion into thin strips. Cook prosciutto in a pan over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes, until crispy. Set aside on a towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 7-8 minutes, until caramelized. Divide onions evenly on both flatbreads, then top with mozzarella.
- Place flatbreads back in the oven for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted. While they bake, mix together honey, apple cider vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Add prosciutto and stir.
- Once the flatbreads are done baking, remove from oven, drizzle with spicy honey mixture, and top with arugula.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 460Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 39mgSodium 1707mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 3gSugar 12gProtein 24g
Nutrition is not always accurate.