Spinach stuffed chicken breasts with seasoned and baked chicken breasts filled with chopped spinach, melted mozzarella, Parmesan, and cream cheese.
Stuffed chicken breast is so delicious and creamy. Cutting into the chicken breast and having cheese ooze out is the best part!
Another great thing? It’s keto-friendly! One of my favorite things to eat while following the keto diet is cream cheese.
It’s rich and gives you the feeling that you’re “cheating” on your diet, but you actually get to have it!
Ingredients for Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Cream Cheese
- Uncooked Spinach
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Seasoned Salt
How to Make Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Mix cream cheese, chopped spinach, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic powder, and black pepper together in a bowl.
It helps to have the cream cheese softened, but if you find difficulty it can easily be blended together in a stand mixer.
I’ve had difficulties in the past with my stuffed chicken filling oozing out as it bakes.
Some filling is expected to come out, but the best way to prevent this is, of course, cutting the smallest opening in the side of the chicken as possible.
Cut approximately a 1.5″ wide opening and then insert the knife further and slowly sweep the inside of the chicken breast with the blade, being careful not to puncture through the sides or top.
I also found it sometimes difficult to spoon the ingredients inside, especially with a smaller opening.
A way around this is filling an icing bag or a Ziploc bag with the spinach filling.
If using a Ziploc, cut a small corner of the bag off (smaller than the opening of the chicken slices made.) Use the icing bag or Ziploc to fill each chicken breast.
Can you freeze spinach stuffed chicken?
For raw chicken: fill the chicken breast according to directions and freeze in an airtight container for up to 4-6 months in the freezer.
Once you are ready to eat the stuffed chicken, thaw it in the fridge overnight the day before. Bake it according to directions.
For cooked chicken: Store leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Once ready to eat, you can thaw in the refrigerator over night and then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes.
If cooking it directly from the freezer, bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 35-45 minutes until the center is heated through.
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Asparagus Wrapped Chicken
- Beef Crostini with Mascarpone Sauce
- Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken and Spinach Pasta
- Firecracker Brussels Sprouts
- French Onion Chicken Bake
- Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Minny’s Chocolate Pie
- New York Cheesecake
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan & Penne
- Ultimate Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups Uncooked Spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Seasoned Salt, to taste
- Parsley, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a baking dish or pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, garlic powder and black pepper in a bowl.
Tip: Place mixed ingredients in a Ziploc bag, seal it, and then cut a small corner of the bag. It's now your filling bag! Squeeze filling into the side of each chicken breast.
- Cut a small opening in the side of each chicken breast and run knife along the inside of the breast, being careful not to cut through to the other side. Carefully spoon filling into the chicken or squeeze from the Ziploc bag mentioned in previous step.
- Place each filled chicken breast on baking pan and sprinkle seasoned salt on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 396Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 153mgSodium 452mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 45g
Nutrition is not always accurate.