Air fryer feta and spinach stuffed chicken breasts filled with chopped spinach, melted mozzarella, feta cheese, and cream cheese.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Stuffed chicken breast is so delicious and creamy. Cutting into the chicken breast and having cheese ooze out is the best part!
One of the other best parts is this is a keto stuffed chicken breast recipe. One of my favorite things to eat while following the keto diet is cream cheese. It’s rich and gives you the feeling that you’re “cheating” on your diet, but you actually get to have it.
Spinach Nutrition Benefits
While this recipe only uses a cup of chopped baby spinach, there are only 7 calories in a cup of spinach. It also has 1 mg iron, 58 mcg folate, 167 mg potassium, and is most known for its vitamin K content.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Feta and Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Feta Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Seasoned Salt
How to Make Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- Mix cream cheese, chopped spinach, mozzarella, feta, garlic powder, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- It helps to have the cream cheese softened, but if you find difficulty it can easily be blended together in a stand mixer.
- Cut approximately a 1.5″ wide opening and then insert the knife further and slowly sweep the inside of the chicken breast with the blade, being careful not to puncture through the sides or top.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Add 2 chicken breasts to the basket. Most air fryers do not fit more than 2 at a time and will likely need to cook in batches.
- Cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 16-18 minutes, until no longer pink in the center and the cream cheese center is melted. No flipping needed.
For Best Results
Tip #1: I’ve had difficulties in the past with my stuffed chicken filling oozing out as it bakes. Some filling may come out, but the best way to prevent this is, of course, cutting the smallest opening in the side of the chicken as possible.
Tip #2: If you notice the filling is seeping out of the chicken breast, it may be overstuffed. Sometimes, it is inevitable, however, that it comes out as it cooks. Placing toothpicks into the raw chicken to hold the opening closed helps prevent this when it cooks.
Tip #3: I also found it sometimes difficult to spoon the ingredients inside, especially with a smaller opening. A way around this is filling an icing bag or a Ziploc bag with the spinach filling. If using a Ziploc, cut a small corner of the bag off (smaller than the opening of the chicken slices made.) Use the icing bag or Ziploc to fill each chicken breast.
Can you freeze spinach stuffed chicken?
Yes! Follow the steps below for raw or cooked spinach stuffed chicken breasts.
For raw chicken: fill the chicken breast according to directions and freeze in an airtight container for up to 4-6 months in the freezer. Once you are ready to eat the stuffed chicken, thaw it in the fridge overnight the day before. Bake it according to directions.
For cooked chicken: Store leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Once ready to eat, you can thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes.
If cooking it directly from the freezer, bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 35-45 minutes until the center is heated through.
Leftover stuffed chicken should be eaten within 4 days for best quality and food safety. I recommend reheating in the air fryer or oven for best results.
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Air Fryer Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Asparagus Wrapped Chicken
- Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken and Spinach Pasta
- Grilled Chicken & Asparagus Foil Packs
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Parmesan & Penne
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, About 1-ounce Fresh Spinach, chopped
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- Seasoned Salt, to taste
- Parsley, for topping
- Air Fryer Cooking Method
- Rinse and chop spinach. Add to a bowl with cream cheese, feta cheese, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Using a knife, cut an opening in the side of each chicken breast. Spoon filling into the chicken breast. If it's having difficulty staying closed, use toothpicks to hold in place. Sprinkle each chicken breast with seasoned salt and parsley.
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking oil. Add chicken breasts to the basket in a single layer. Most baskets only hold 2 chicken breasts at a time and will likely need to cook in batches.
- Cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 16-18 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and the cream cheese mixture is melted inside.
- Oven-Baked Cooking Method
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a baking dish or pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, mozzarella, feta, spinach, garlic powder, and black pepper in a bowl.
Tip: Place mixed ingredients in a Ziploc bag, seal it, and then cut a small corner of the bag. It's now your filling bag! Squeeze filling into the side of each chicken breast.
- Cut a small opening in the side of each chicken breast and run knife along the inside of the breast, being careful not to cut through to the other side. Carefully spoon-filling into the chicken or squeeze from the Ziploc bag mentioned in the previous step.
- Place each filled chicken breast on baking pan and sprinkle seasoned salt on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.
Leave a Reply