Grilled steak, potato, and mushroom foil packs are filled with tender cuts of ribeye steak, slices of yellow or red potatoes, and mushrooms with lots of flavor! Perfect for camping!
These steak foil packs are amazing for camping out, but they can also just as easily be made at home during the week.
Especially if you’re a planner and want to make them the day before so that you can easily toss them on the grill the next day.
Ingredients for Steak, Potato, and Mushroom Foil Packs
- Ribeye Steak
- Baby Yellow or Red Potatoes
- Minced Garlic
- Dijon Mustard
- Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Aluminum Foil
How to Make Steak, Potato, and Mushroom Foil Packs
It’s all in the prep!
Slice the steak into ½″ strips against the grain or in 2″ pieces (whichever you prefer), slice the potatoes and mushrooms, then place it all in a bowl.
In another bowl, add all of the seasoned butter ingredients and whisk it together. Then add it to the steak bowl, stir to combine.
The seasoned butter is thick and can be hard to stir, but the idea is that it is spread all over the steak and veggies so that when it cooks it melts over them.
Lay out six 12″x12″ pieces of foil. Divide the steak and veggies evenly onto each.
Wrap the sides around it and be sure nothing can leak out while it’s cooking.
Heat the grill to a high heat around 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once the grill is up to temperature, place foil packets on the grill for 6 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 6 minutes. Be careful while flipping so that the foil packs do not come undone.
Try these other delicious meals!
- BBQ Smoked Pork Belly Kabobs
- Cast-Iron Skillet Flank Steak
- Grilled Chicken & Asparagus Foil Packs
- Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with Chimichurri
- How to Cook a Filet Mignon
- 1.5 lb - 2 lb Ribeye Steak, cut into 2" pieces or in ½" slices against the grain
- 2 cups Baby Yellow or Red Potatoes, quartered
- 6 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tbsp Butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Aluminum Foil
- Place sliced steak, potatoes, and mushrooms in a bowl. Combine all seasoned butter ingredients in a bowl. Scoop into the bowl of steak and veggies. Toss to combine.
- Place six 12"x12" pieces of foil down on a flat surface. Scoop even amounts of steak and veggies into the center of each piece of foil. Fold foil firmly around steak so that it is completely covered and closed.
- Heat grill to high heat of 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Once hot, place foil packets on the grill for 6 minutes, then flip, and cook an additional 6 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 594Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 148mgSodium 673mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 40g
Nutrition is not always accurate and products used in the recipe may differ from local ingredients available to you.