Frozen egg rolls in air fryer are healthier than deep-frying yet still give you that satisfying crunch in an easy and quick way!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
A take-out order from the local Chinese or Vietnamese restaurant is not complete without an extra order of egg rolls. But these days, you can find pretty good egg rolls in the frozen food aisle, too.
That being said, nothing beats the savory flavors of a freshly made egg roll. This craving is what led me to create my homemade air fryer egg rolls. Although they are a little bit more work than the other recipes you might find here, they are so worth it.
How to Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
For delicious egg rolls with crispy skin, all you have to do is give them enough space in the air fryer basket. For my model and homemade egg rolls recipe, 6 pieces is the magic number.
This leaves some space for the hot air to circulate all around which is exactly what prevents a soggy wrapper. For me, the best air fryer frozen egg rolls time and temp is 10 minutes at 350 degrees with a quick flip at the halfway mark.
How to Make Egg Rolls
If you’re interested in Once you get the basics of egg rolls, they become a very fun recipe to experiment with. For example, I love the freshness of these shrimp egg rolls and the spices in these Korean egg rolls with ground beef.
You can go the more traditional route with these Vietnamese egg rolls or go the opposite route way with cheesesteak egg rolls. And if you have an extra sweet tooth, try these surprisingly good strawberry cheesecake egg rolls.
How to Reheat Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
It is probably rare but every once in a while there are leftover egg rolls. I don’t know about you, but if they’re not close to burning your mouth, are they as good?
Reheating egg rolls goes in the exact same way as heating frozen egg rolls. The only thing that changes is the cooking time. Usually, all you need is 1-3 minutes if they have already been cooked before.
The Best Sweet and Sour Sauce for Egg Rolls
I feel like this could be a hot debate. What is the best sweet and sour sauce you have ever tasted?
A lot of people are worried about the additional salt and sugar in the pre-made sauces. I say if you’re going to indulge – go all way.
Try this homemade sweet and sour sauce if you want to get a feel for the ingredients. Or, if you are really minding the sugar, go for this sugar-free sweet and sour sauce. Which type of egg rolls are your favorite? Have you ever tried making your own homemade egg rolls? Let me know what you think about the filling and sauces on Instagram or in the comments below.
Try these other frozen air fryer recipes!
Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- 6-8 Chicken, Pork, or Vegetable Egg Rolls (Depending on how many fit in the basket)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Add a single layer of egg rolls to the air fryer basket. Leave space between each egg roll to allow even cooking. Close the tray/lid.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer to 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip, and set the temperature to 390 degrees Fahrenheit to get the outside nice and crispy. Set the timer for 5 minutes. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- Reheating Directions
- Add a single layer of egg rolls to the basket, leaving space between each. If the egg roll appears dry, spray with cooking oil to help it crisp as it cooks.
- Close the lid/tray. Set temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 1-3 minutes for each side until the center is heated through and the outside is crispy again.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.