Looking for a yummy keto recipe? Find out how to use your air fryer to make the perfect parmesan-crusted salmon with cream cheese and garlic.
This parmesan-crusted salmon has the perfect crunch making it the perfect texture to enjoy at dinner. It has a rich flavor and healthy fats that make it ideal for your keto diet.
If you have been paying attention to food trends, you might have noticed that air fryers are all the rage. Simply put, they are phenomenal kitchen devices, one that I highly recommend.
I love how the smell of the parmesan mixes with the scent of salmon. Every time I put this in the air fryer, it automatically makes my stomach growl with anticipation.
This recipe for garlic parmesan salmon is easy to make and will be done in no time with the help of your air fryer. You will need salmon fillets, parmesan, cream cheese, garlic, pepper, salt, lemon, and olive oil.
Is Parmesan-Crusted Salmon Keto Friendly?
Something I absolutely love about salmon is that 4 ounces of salmon have zero carbs. It contains high-quality protein that keeps you full throughout the night or day.
For half a cup of cream cheese, there are 4.5 grams of carbs which makes it super easy to incorporate into your day. Especially since you will be splitting it up among the salmon fillets!
The parmesan cheese will have 1.2 grams of carbs if you grate it out to be an ounce, which should be way more than enough for 2-3 salmon fillets.
Overall, this dish is keto-friendly, and you can choose the number of ingredients you put into it.
If you want less cheese, go light! If you want to add in more cheese, layer it up. It’s all in your hands, and it will cook in the air fryer really well.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Crusted Salmon Ingredients
- Salmon Fillets
- Cream Cheese
- Grated or Shredded Parmesan (You can see I’ve used both in the photos!)
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
Remember that when you cook, your palette may differ from mine. You can adjust the salt, pepper, and lemon to your liking.
If you prefer more lemon, add a second serving. You can taste as you go!
Tips On Making Salmon In The Air Fryer
If you have never made any air fryer salmon recipes, it may seem like a daunting task to stick a whole fillet in the air fryer. However, let me tell you, done correctly, this can be the easiest meal to put together. Here are tips that I highly recommend.
- Let your salmon warm up to room temperature.
- Dry off your fish before rubbing it with olive oil.
- Check your salmon temperature with a thermometer if you have never cooked salmon before. Salmon should be cooked to 145 degrees Fahrenheit; take the temperature from the thickest part.
If you are looking for more tips, read about my simple air fryer salmon recipe. I will tell you exactly how to check and see if your salmon fillet is done.
How to Air Fry Salmon
- Once your salmon is to room temperature, lightly rub olive oil over the fillets of salmon.
- In one bowl, mix together cream cheese, minced garlic, black pepper, salt, and lemon juice.
- Scoop the mixture onto the salmon fillets nicely and evenly.
- Take your grated parmesan cheese and sprinkle it on the top of each fillet.
- Create an aluminum foil sling for your air fryer basket. This will help you easily remove the fish without it breaking in the fryer.
- Spray oil onto the foil.
- Place your salmon into the air fryer on top of the foil.
- Heat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and let it cook for 6 minutes.
- If you have a thermometer, you can check the temperature to ensure it is done.
- Remove the salmon from the basket with the sling. Be careful!
If you are thinking of making any air fryer salmon recipes, I highly recommend trying this dish.
It is fun, flavorful, and healthy; it will fit in with keto or pescatarian diets. This is something the whole family can sit down and enjoy together.
Try these other delicious air fryer recipes!
- Breaded Pork Chops
- Chicken Parmesan
- Hooter’s Chicken Wings
- Juicy Steak
- Naked Chicken Wings
- Steak and Chicken Kabobs
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2-4 oz Salmon Fillets
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp Grated or Shredded Parmesan (You can see I've used both in the photos!)
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- Olive Oil
- Lightly rub salmon fillets with olive oil. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, minced garlic, black pepper, and lemon juice. Spoon mixture onto the top of salmon fillets. Sprinkle grated Parmesan on top.
- Create an aluminum foil sling for the air fryer basket. See above photos for details. Place the foil sling in the basket and press to the bottom and up the sides. Lightly spray the foil and basket with oil. Carefully place the salmon onto the sling.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 5-6 minutes. Use the sling to lift the salmon from the air basket once it is done cooking.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 468Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 98mgSodium 339mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 29g
Nutrition is not always accurate.