Garlic Parmesan roasted carrots that are baked in garlic butter and topped with sprinkles of Parmesan cheese and freshly cut parsley.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
It’s the perfect side dish for holidays or everyday dinner, especially during the summer if you have fresh carrots from your garden.
These roasted carrots are very tasty!
The carrots are tender but have a bit of a crunch to them from the Parmesan, and from roasting in garlic butter.
It’s the perfect bite!
Are Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots Considered Keto?
While most vegetables are considered low-carb and keto-friendly, carrots belong to the starchy group of vegetables like potatoes and corn.
One cup of baby carrots has approximately 11 grams of carbohydrates and 5 grams of sugar.
Eating a small amount of carrots on the keto diet is okay, but you will have to reserve carbs elsewhere to cover them.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
Only 5 ingredients!
- Baby Carrots or Whole Carrots, cut into 3″ long pieces that are ½″ thick
I used baby carrots, but whole carrots can be used, the bake time may vary a little depending on the width of the carrots.
Slice them into 3″ long pieces that are ½″ thick.
If you don’t have parchment paper – no problem! Lightly grease the pan instead.
Even with the butter in the recipe, they begin to stick as they bake. Using a nonstick cooking spray can help.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Drizzle the carrots with melted garlic butter and toss it in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- After baking for 10 minutes, stir the carrots, sprinkle with Parmesan & parsley, and bake for an additional ten minutes. It’s that easy!
Want More Than Carrots?
It’s easy to add in broccoli, asparagus, diced potatoes, onion, parsnips, cauliflower, mushrooms, or Brussels sprouts to the baking pan.
If so, you will simply need to add more garlic butter for baking. Also, check for doneness by piercing the vegetables.
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Cheesy Potatoes
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Crown Rib Roast
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Glazed Salmon
- Meatloaf Marsala
- Pork Schnitzel
- Sheet Pan Italian Pork Tenderloin and Vegetables
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- 12 oz Baby Carrots or 3 Medium-Sized Carrots, peeled and chopped into 3″ long by ½″ thick pieces
- ⅓ cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper for an easier cleanup and less sticking.
- Spread carrots in a single layer on the pan.
- Melt butter with garlic in a microwave-safe dish in microwave for about 30 seconds. Drizzle carrots with garlic butter.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir carrots. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley leaves. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.