This is an easy roasted carrots recipe that is baked in garlic butter and topped with sprinkles of parmesan cheese and freshly cut parsley. It’s the perfect side dish for holidays or everyday dinner, especially during the summer if you have fresh carrots from your garden.
This easy roasted baby carrots recipe is very tasty and easy. It’s made with 5 simple ingredients and requires very little prep.
The carrots are tender but have a bit of a crunch to them from the parmesan, and from roasting in garlic butter. It almost brings out the natural sweetness that’s already in baked carrots. It’s my favorite way to make carrots and I like to serve them as a side to our weeknight meal.
Are Roast Carrots Considered Keto?
While most vegetables are considered low-carb and keto-friendly, carrots belong to the starchy group of vegetables like potatoes and corn that have natural sugars.
One cup of baby carrots has approximately 11 grams of carbohydrates and 5 grams of sugar.
Eating a small amount of carrots on the keto diet is okay, but you will have to reserve carbs elsewhere to cover them.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Baby Carrots or Whole Regular Carrots, cut into 3″ long pieces that are ½″ thick
I usually use a bag of baby carrots, but whole carrots can be used (also seen in my photos), the bake time may vary a little depending on the width of the carrots.
Slice them into 3″ long pieces that are ½″ thick.
If you don’t have parchment paper – no problem! Lightly grease the pan instead. Even with the butter in the recipe, they begin to stick as they bake. Using a nonstick cooking spray can help.
Butter can also be replaced with extra virgin olive oil.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Melt butter in a small bowl with garlic.
- Toss carrots with melted butter in a large bowl.
- Place carrots in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- After baking for 10 minutes, stir the carrots. Sprinkle with parmesan and parsley, and bake for an additional ten minutes.
Add More Vegetables
It’s easy to add broccoli, asparagus, diced potatoes, parsnips, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts to the baking pan.
If so, you will simply need to add more garlic butter for baking. As always, check for doneness by piercing the vegetables.
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Air Fryer Carrots, Green Beans, Mushrooms, and Bacon
- Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Cheesy Potatoes
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Glazed Salmon
- Sheet Pan Italian Pork Tenderloin and Vegetables
Garlic Parmesan Oven Roasted Baby Carrots Recipe
- 12 oz Baby Carrots or 3 Medium-Sized Carrots, peeled and chopped into 3″ long by ½″ thick pieces
- ⅓ cup Butter
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper for an easier cleanup and less sticking.
- Spread carrots in a single layer on the pan.
- Melt butter with garlic in a microwave-safe dish in microwave for about 30 seconds. Drizzle carrots with garlic butter.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir carrots. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley leaves. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.