One-pan asparagus stuffed chicken breasts are filled with cream cheese, mozzarella, and asparagus. It’s a delicious keto meal all in one!
The chicken is seasoned with garlic, onion, paprika, and cayenne pepper and then pan-fried on the stove and baked in the oven.
If you’re looking for recipes with asparagus and chicken this is a delicious one!
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken is Keto!
Asparagus stuffed chicken is keto! I had to start with that because it’s the best part.
Everything about this fits into the keto diet.
Asparagus is a great low-carb vegetable you can eat plenty of. The cream cheese, mozzarella, and bacon add fat, albeit saturated fat, and the chicken gives some nice protein to the mix.
Ingredients for Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Bacon or Bacon Bits
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Black Pepper
- Thin Spears of Asparagus
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Olive Oil
How to Cut Asparagus
Have you ever taken a bite of asparagus and had stringy pieces left? That means part of the woody end of the asparagus was left behind.
To prevent this, there a few ways to remove the woody end.
#1: Snap Method
To snap the asparagus, hold the spear between your thumb and index finger with both hands and bow it until it snaps.
The theory is that it will break naturally in the place where the woody end stops.
Many swear by the snap method. It’s quick and easy.
Some chefs have tested it and state it removes too much of the good part of the asparagus we like to eat.
#2: Cut and Peel Method
The other way to go about trimming the woody end is by lining up all of the asparagus spears in a row and cutting with a knife where the green begins to fade to white.
If you have more white remaining on the outside, use a vegetable peeler to remove the white, which can have a bitter taste and also tends to be a stringy bite.
How to Know Chicken is Done
Visually, by cutting the chicken in the thickest part of the breast and seeing that the inside is white with clear juices.
If it is still pink or has pink juices, continue cooking until it no longer does.
Internal Temperature for Chicken Breast
Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the breast. Once it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit it is done cooking.
Try these other delicious stuffed recipes!
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Beef Roll-Ups
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Grilled Chicken & Asparagus Foil Packs
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken
One-Pan Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
- 5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 Strips of Bacon, or Bacon Bits
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 15-20 Thin Pieces of Asparagus, trimmed of woody ends
- 1 to 1 ½ cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 5 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Begin by cooking the bacon over medium-high heat in a large oven-safe pan (like a cast-iron skillet or stainless steel frying pan that is oven safe) until browned, about 5-7 minutes. Drain pan and set aside. Allow bacon to cool, then crumble and mix in a bowl with the cream cheese.
- In a bowl, combine all seasonings. Pat chicken breasts dry. Rub dry seasonings on to each chicken breast. Butterfly each chicken breast by cutting on the long edge of each, being careful not to cut all the way through the other side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into the inside of each chicken breast, place 3-4 pieces of asparagus inside and sprinkle mozzarella on top. Carefully close each chicken breast and place toothpicks to hold close.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan used to cook the bacon and heat over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Once hot, add stuffed chicken and brown for 3-4 minutes on each side then place in the oven for 15 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.