Bacon and cheese stuffed chicken breast with melted cream cheese, cheddar, and bacon bits all seasoned with ground mustard, smoked paprika, and parsley.
This meal is keto-friendly! High fat, moderate protein, and low-carb (so long as you do not serve it with rice like in the photos.) One of my favorite things is that you can eat bacon and cream cheese on this diet! It’s rich and gives you the feeling that you’re “cheating” on your diet, but you actually get to have it!
Ingredients for Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Breasts
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon, crumbled
- Ground Mustard Powder
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
How to Make Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Start by preparing your baking dish or pan by spraying with nonstick spray. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the bacon in a pan on the stove and then crumble once it has cooled. I personally prefer cutting the bacon with kitchen scissors before cooking so I do not have to spend time crumbling it after. Either way works!
- Mix softened cream cheese, bacon, cheddar, ground mustard powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Cut a small opening in the side of each chicken breast and sweep the inside with the knife to make more of an opening. Be careful not to pierce through the sides.
- I have often found it difficult to spoon the ingredients inside and found it easier to use an icing bag or Ziploc bag to fill the inside of each chicken breast.
- Once each chicken breast is filled, place on the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with smoked paprika and parsley. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
Can you freeze bacon and cheese stuffed chicken?
For raw chicken: fill the chicken breast according to directions and freeze in an airtight container for up to 4-6 months in the freezer. Once you are ready to eat the stuffed chicken, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Bake according to directions in the recipe card.
For cooked chicken: Store leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Once ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes.
If cooking it directly from the freezer, bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 35-45 minutes until the center is heated through.
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Ultimate Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- Cast-Iron Skillet Flank Steak
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Spicy Honey Prosciutto Flatbread
- One-Pot Meal: Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken and Spinach Pasta
- The Best Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus