Bacon and cheese stuffed chicken breast with melted cream cheese, cheddar, and bacon bits all seasoned with ground mustard, smoked paprika, and parsley.
This meal is keto-friendly! High fat, moderate protein, and low-carb (so long as you do not serve it with rice like in the photos.)
One of my favorite things is that you can eat bacon and cream cheese on this diet!
It’s rich and gives you the feeling that you’re “cheating” on your diet, but you actually get to have it!
Ingredients for Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Breasts
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon, crumbled
- Ground Mustard Powder
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
How to Make Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Start by preparing your baking dish or pan by spraying with nonstick spray. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cook the bacon in a pan on the stove and then crumble once it has cooled.
I personally prefer cutting the bacon with kitchen scissors before cooking so I do not have to spend time crumbling it after. Either way works!
Mix softened cream cheese, bacon, cheddar, ground mustard powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
Cut a small opening in the side of each chicken breast and sweep the inside with the knife to make more of an opening. Be careful not to pierce through the sides.
I have often found it difficult to spoon the ingredients inside and found it easier to use an icing bag or Ziploc bag to fill the inside of each chicken breast.
Once each chicken breast is filled, place on the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with smoked paprika and parsley.
Bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
Can you freeze bacon and cheese stuffed chicken?
For raw chicken: fill the chicken breast according to directions and freeze in an airtight container for up to 4-6 months in the freezer.
Once you are ready to eat the stuffed chicken, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Bake according to directions in the recipe card.
For cooked chicken: Store leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Once ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes.
If cooking it directly from the freezer, bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 35-45 minutes until the center is heated through.
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Asparagus Wrapped Chicken
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Cast-Iron Skillet Flank Steak
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- French Onion Chicken Bake
- One-Pot Meal: Creamy Three-Cheese Chicken and Spinach Pasta
- Spicy Honey Prosciutto Flatbread
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- The Best Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Ultimate Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Slices Bacon, crumbled
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a pan or baking dish by lightly spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in a pan and crumble into small pieces. (Or cut small pieces with kitchen scissors prior to cooking.) Add bacon pieces to a bowl with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ground mustard powder, salt, and pepper.
Tip: Place mixed ingredients in a Ziploc bag, seal it, and then cut a small corner of the bag (Big enough for bacon pieces to pass through.) It's now your filling bag! Squeeze filling into the side of each chicken breast.
- Cut a small opening in the side of each chicken breast and run knife along the inside of the breast, being careful not to cut through to the other side. Carefully spoon filling into the chicken or squeeze from the Ziploc bag mentioned in previous step.
- Place each filled chicken breast on prepared baking pan. Sprinkle each chicken breast with paprika and parsley. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and chicken is no longer pink in the center.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 519Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 183mgSodium 845mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 51g
Nutrition is not always accurate.