Savory and tender air fryer broccoli, mushrooms, and onions that have been cooked to perfection. Cooking in the air fryer requires no preheating and is done in under 15 minutes!
While I was cooking air fryer steak I really wanted a side dish with them.
I let the steak rest under some foil while I cooked them in the air fryer so both would still be hot.
Air Fryer Broccoli with Mushroom & Onion Ingredients
- Whole Mushrooms – white-capped, baby bella, or cremini mushrooms all work
- Broccoli Florets
- Pearl Onions
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Thyme
Can you use Pam nonstick spray in an air fryer?
- It’s best not to. Air fryer baskets actually do not tolerate the aerosol spray. It can cause the basket to peel its nonstick layer off.
- How do you get the food to stop sticking? Use a non-aerosol spray bottle (affiliate link to the one I use) of olive oil, vegetable, or canola oil. An alternative is rubbing coconut oil directly on the basket.
Mushroom & Onion Cooking Times
- There’s no preheating required.
- The vegetables cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for just 6 minutes, or until they are browned and tender. Be sure to stir halfway through cook time for even cooking.
Meals that are great with broccoli, mushrooms, & onions:
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Steak
- Cast-Iron Skillet Flank Steak
- Crown Rib Roast
- Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Pork Chops and Rice with Dill Sauce
- Meatloaf Marsala
Air Fryer Broccoli with Mushrooms and Pearl Onions
- 8- oz Whole Mushrooms, about 3 cups
- 6- oz Broccoli Florets, about 3 cups
- 6- oz Pearl Onions, about 1 ¼ cup
- 2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse vegetables and pat dry. Cut large mushrooms into quarters and small mushrooms in half so that they are equally sized and place them in a bowl. Add broccoli and onions.
- Drizzle olive oil on vegetables. Add minced garlic, thyme, and salt. Stir to coat.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil to prevent sticking. Add all vegetables.
- Set temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer to 3 minutes. Once timer is done, stir, and cook for an additional 3 minutes until they are fork-tender.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.