Savory and tender air fryer mushrooms and onions that have been cooked to perfection. Cooking in the air fryer requires no preheating and is done in under 15 minutes!
While I was cooking air fryer steak I really wanted mushrooms & onions as a side dish with them.
I let the steak rest under some foil while I cooked them in the air fryer so both would still be hot.
Air Fryer Mushroom & Onion Ingredients
- Whole Mushrooms – white-capped or cremini mushrooms
- Pearl Onions
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Thyme
Can you use Pam nonstick spray in an air fryer?
- It’s best not to. Air fryer baskets actually do not tolerate the aerosol spray. It begins peeling the coating off the basket.
- How do you get the food to stop sticking? Use a non-aerosol spray bottle of olive oil, or you can rub coconut oil directly on the basket.
Mushroom & Onion Cooking Times
- There’s no preheating required.
- The mushrooms cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are browned and tender. Be sure to stir halfway through cook time for even cooking.
After we ate them with air fryer steak we had some mushrooms and onions leftover so then they were added to our pot of chili for another meal that turned out very tasty!
Meals that are great with mushrooms & onions:
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Steak
- Cast-Iron Skillet Flank Steak
- Coffee-Rubbed London Broil
- Crown Rib Roast
- Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Meatloaf Marsala
- Thyme Pork Chops
- 16 oz Whole Mushrooms - White-Capped, Baby Bella, or Cremini
- 1 cup Pearl Onions
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- Rinse mushrooms and onions and pat dry. Cut large mushrooms into quarters and small mushrooms in half so that they are equally sized and place them in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil on mushrooms and onions. Add minced garlic, thyme, and salt. Stir to coat.
- Spray the basket in air fryer with olive oil spray or coat with a thin layer of coconut oil to prevent sticking. Add mushrooms and onions.
- Set temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer to 6 minutes. Once timer is done, stir mushrooms and onions, and cook for an additional 6-9 minutes until they begin to brown.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 73Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 149mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 3g
Nutrition is not always accurate.