Savory and tender air fryer mushrooms and onions that have been cooked to perfection. Cooking in the air fryer requires no preheating and is done in under 15 minutes!
While I was cooking air fryer steak I really wanted mushrooms & onions as a side dish with them.
I let the steak rest under some foil while I cooked them in the air fryer so both would still be hot.
Air Fryer Mushroom & Onion Ingredients
- Whole Mushrooms – white-capped or cremini mushrooms
- Pearl Onions
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Thyme
Can you use Pam nonstick spray in an air fryer?
- It’s best not to. Air fryer baskets actually do not tolerate the aerosol spray. It begins peeling the coating off the basket.
- How do you get the food to stop sticking? Use a non-aerosol spray bottle of olive oil, or you can rub coconut oil directly on the basket.
Mushroom & Onion Cooking Times
- There’s no preheating required.
- The mushrooms cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are browned and tender. Be sure to stir halfway through cook time for even cooking.
After we ate them with air fryer steak we had some mushrooms and onions leftover so then they were added to our pot of chili for another meal that turned out very tasty!
Meals that are great with mushrooms & onions:
- Beef Tips and Rice
- Coffee Rubbed London Broil
- Crown Rib Roast
- Filet Mignon
- Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
- Instant Pot Korean BBQ Beef Short Ribs
- Meatloaf with Brown Gravy
- Thyme Pork Chops
Try these other great air fryer recipes!
- 50 Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Baby Potatoes
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Chicken Parmesan
- Five-Cheese Lasagna Fritta
- French Fries
- Hooter’s Chicken Wings (Copycat Recipe)
- Juicy Steak
- Naked Chicken Wings
- Stuffed Mushrooms