This recipe will show you how to make Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches with tender strips of ribeye steak cooked with sautéed green peppers, onions, and mushrooms served on a hoagie bun with melted cheese and mayonnaise.
Philly cheesesteaks originated in none other than Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The bare basics of a traditional Philly cheesesteak sandwich recipe have tender strips of beef sauteed with green peppers and onions and served on a hoagie bun with melted cheese.
There are a lot of variations of cheesesteaks.
Some serve chicken in place of beef, my version includes mushrooms, some add nacho cheese, and I’ve even seen ranch, bacon, or pepperoni on some cheesesteaks.
Nevertheless, it’s a delicious and timeless classic sandwich that is famous worldwide!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- Rib-eye Steak
- Canola Oil
- Green Peppers
- Yellow or White Onion
- Beef Broth
- Worchestershire Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Hoagie Buns or French Loaf
Try these other delicious recipes!
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Beef Roll-Ups – 3 Ways
- Cast-Iron Skillet Flank Steak
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Wraps
- How to Cook a Filet Mignon
- Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Street-Style Beef Tacos
- Maid-Rites Copycat Recipe
- One-Pot Chicken and Rice (Great Freezer Meal!)
- Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches – Large Batch!
- Steak, Potato, and Mushroom Foil Packs
- 1 lb Ribeye Steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 Green Peppers
- 1 Yellow or White Onion
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 Slices Provolone
- 4 Hoagie Buns or Sliced French Loaf
- Set Instant Pot to Saute setting on high heat and add canola oil. Add green peppers, onions, and mushrooms and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until they begin to become tender. Set aside.
- Add rib-eye strips and brown the meat. Add beef broth, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and the vegetables back into the Instant Pot. Stir, close the lid and vent, set to Meat/Stew setting on high for 10 minutes. Allow it to natural release for an additional 10 minutes after it is done cooking.
- While it cooks, prepare the buns with a thin layer of mayonnaise and add 2 cheese slices to each bun. Melt the cheese on the bun under the broiler for 1-2 minutes (watch carefully to avoid burning.) Once the Instant Pot has naturally released for 10 minutes, add sliced rib-eye and vegetables onto the buns.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from referring products I use and love at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 935Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 129mgSodium 1995mgCarbohydrates 72gFiber 6gSugar 9gProtein 56g
Nutrition is not always accurate.