Garlic bread stuffing with cubed pieces of garlic bread/breadsticks, mushrooms, onion, and celery baked in a deliciously seasoned broth.
You can also add chicken to make Garlic Bread Stuffing with Chicken or add smoked sausage for Garlic Bread Stuffing with Sausage.
If you haven’t realized it by now, I love garlic.
I am not a big fan of sage so traditional stuffing is so-so for me. It’s only natural for me to make stuffing with garlic bread.
If you’re wondering what I served the garlic bread stuffing with in the above photo: it’s breaded pork cutlets. Uh, yum!
Stuffing does not have to be served only at Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter with ham and turkey. We can serve this dish year-round!
I actually first sought out to make this into a casserole with chicken and it was really good. I included the recipe below if you want to try it as a full meal.
Ingredients for Garlic Bread Stuffing
- Garlic Bread or Breadsticks (I have used leftover Olive Garden breadsticks and leftover Papa John’s garlic knots before and it was SO good!)
- Chicken Broth
- Yellow Onion
- Large Eggs
- Minced Garlic
Using leftover garlic bread for stuffing:
We often have leftover garlic bread or garlic breadsticks from either Olive Garden or a pizza place we had delivered.
That’s actually how I came about this recipe and wanted to use up leftover garlic bread.
If you are making this from garlic bread just out of the oven, that is great too!
Allow it to cool so you can handle it and dice it into cubes. Follow the same drying out instructions.
Want to make it a full meal? Try it with diced chicken!
It’s basically a chicken casserole using stuffing that’s made from scratch. Or if you’re looking for a chicken casserole without soup added, this is it!
To cook it with chicken:
- Cook 2 cups diced chicken breast for 5-6 minutes over the stove until no longer pink, season with salt & pepper.
- Add the chicken to the baking dish with stuffing. Bake for the same temperature and time.
Try it with sausage! Garlic Bread Stuffing with Sausage:
- Cook the diced sausage in a large pan on the stove for 7-8 minutes until they are browned.
- Add them to the baking dish and stir into the stuffing. Bake for the same time and temperature.
Garlic lovers try these other garlicky meals!
- Coq au Vin Fondue
- French Onion Chicken Bake
- Garlic Bread Soup
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Shrimp in Creamy Garlic Wine Sauce