These 20 best fondue recipes feature a full line-up of 3 courses to choose delicious fondue recipes from.
Choose a cheese course to dip bread, chips, and vegetables into, work your way to the main course to cook meat, seafood, vegetables, and pasta, and then dip into chocolate for dessert!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Fondue at home is one of my favorite things!
We don’t have any fondue restaurants where I live, but whenever we travel we love to visit them.
It’s fun and interactive with your family and if you have a fondue party your guests love it because it’s a truly unique dining experience.
Not only that, but you don’t have to do any of the actual cooking! Prep the food and prepare the pot, then turn it on about 5 minutes before everyone is ready to eat.
We tend to do fondue for New Years’ Eve dinner, Valentine’s, and birthdays. And it’s not always a fancy occasion with no kids – kids love fondue! Whatever the event, you’ll have fun dipping into a unique dinner experience together.
Each place setting should have a plate, which can be a regular dinner plate or a traditional divided fondue plate that separates all your food and sauces from each other.
The fondue forks should come with color-coated ends so that each guest can tell which pork is theirs. Typically, when you purchase the forks, each color comes in a set of 2.
We always like having more than one fondue pot on the table so that we have a couple of options for each course.If you are hosting a party it may be nice having two pots so that you can rotate one out while preparing the next one and there’s less downtime for your guests.
For the cheese course, we’ll do two types, for the main course we like to do one of the broth recipes listed below and then the other pot will have canola oil. And finally, two types of chocolate for dessert.
It may seem like a lot of extra work, but setting up another pot is not difficult. Most of the work is in the prepping for all your dippers.
If you need your guests to have something else to munch on while you prepare another pot, offer a salad or soup course in between.
- Do not eat directly off your fondue fork. Not only will the metal be hot, but the fork is quite sharp.
- Be sure any raw meat is not placed on your plate that you are eating from to reduce risk of cross-contamination.
- No double-dipping food back into the fondue pot after eating it.
- Keep track of which fondue fork is yours so you know how long its cooked and you don’t take it from your peer.
- Most fondue forks come color coated with two forks in each color. Each guest or family member should receive two fondue forks of the same color to cook with.
- If you are serving more than one course of fondue it’s important to give your guests new fondue forks that are clean for each course.
- Remember to have FUN! Fondue is meant to be an enjoyable experience with your family and friends.
For when you are cooking meat, seafood, vegetables, and pasta in the fondue pot, I recommend using a timer to track how much longer you have.
The Melting Pot restaurant has several timers on their site I find handy.
How do you fondue?
The perfect appetizer of cheese fondue to start the meal.Dippers for Cheese Fondue:
- Rye Bread
- Pumpernickel Bread
- Sourdough Bread
- Baby Carrots
- Pita Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Green Apple Slices
Main Course Fondue
Fondue to cook your savory meats and vegetables in!Meat Dippers:
- Garlic Pepper Chicken
- Teriyaki-Marinated Sirloin
- Toasted Sesame Tuna
- Applewood Dry-Rubbed Pork
These are best to add to the pot with a slotted spoon and allowed to cook simultaneously with your dippers.
- Baby Red & Yellow Potatoes
- White Capped Mushrooms
- Baby Carrots
- Mushroom-Stuffed Ravioli
- Vegetable Potstickers
- Artichoke hearts
Chocolate fondue to dip your favorite fruits and desserts into - the perfect cap to the meal!Chocolate Fondue Dippers:
- Pound Cake
- Banana Slices
- Graham Crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Butter Cake
- Pretzel Sticks
- Brownie Bites
- Green Apple Slices
- Angel Food Cake
- Cream Puffs
- Shortbread Cookies