This is an easy air fryer pizza roll recipe with pizza sauce, 3 kinds of cheese – mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan, that can be air fried or baked on rolled-up pizza dough.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
These cheese and pepperoni pizza roll appetizers are the perfect homemade version of cheese and pepperoni pizza rolls. It can be a meal for kiddos or served as an appetizer or snack.
To gauge how big they are: they’re not single bites, more like 3 bites!
These are perfect for Superbowl parties, New Year’s appetizers, school snack for the kids (that might be more of a meal for them!) or to take leftovers into work the next day for lunch.
To be clear, these are homemade air fryer pizza rolls, not the frozen pizza rolls at the grocery.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Pillsbury Refrigerated Canned Pizza Crust, or similar
- Prego Pizza Sauce, or similar
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pam Cooking Spray or Parchment Paper
You can leave them as-is with cheese and pepperoni, or you can add more pizza toppings:
- Replace the pizza sauce with BBQ sauce or alfredo sauce
- Green Peppers
- Top with Jalapenos
- Top with Extra Cheese
- Banana Peppers
- Italian Sausage
- Shredded Chicken
I have another air fryer roll recipe for Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Roll-Ups with shredded chicken, BBQ sauce, red onions, and mozzarella cheese.
Keep in mind, with each addition, you want to be minimal and cut the vegetables small. Otherwise, you will have difficulties rolling the pizza dough and have filling fall out.
I don’t recommend adding more sauce to the roll-ups because they will fall apart and not keep their circular shape.
If you are a sauce lover, I recommend using extra pizza or marinara sauce for dipping!
How to Make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
This is the pizza dough I baked with. It comes with 1 pizza crust per can.
Place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the air fryer basket. I cut mine into a circle to fit.
Begin by laying the dough out on a flat surface. Carefully stretch the dough as far as it will let you, or use a rolling pin to roll it ¼″ thick.
Spread pizza sauce on top. I typically use Prego pizza sauce that comes in a jar. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella, cheddar, and grated Parmesan on top of the sauce.
Carefully roll the pizza dough along the long-edge.
Trim the edges of any uneven pieces.
Slice the dough in the center and then slice each of those pieces in half, and so forth until you have 16-18 2″ pieces.
Depending on how it rolls up at the ends has varied if I’m able to get 16 or 18 equal pieces. Below shows an example of getting 16 pieces.
Carefully place them on a greased baking sheet or one lined with parchment paper. It can be tricky if they’re overfilled.
Top a few or all of the pizza rolls with pepperoni and pop it in the oven for 14-16 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Try these other great appetizers!
- Air Fryer 5 Cheese Lasagna Fritta (Fried Lasagna)
- Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Roll-Ups
- Mini Cornbread Bites
- Old Chicago’s Italian Nachos (Copycat Recipe)
- Spicy Honey Prosciutto Flatbread
- Thin & Crispy No-Rise Pizza Crust
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 1 Refrigerated Canned Pizza Crust, Like Pillsbury, see above
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- ¾ cup Shredded Mozzarella
- ¾ cup Shredded Mild Cheddar
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- Pam Nonstick Cooking Spray or Parchment Paper
- Spread out pizza dough into a ¼" layer. Use a rolling pin if necessary. Spread an even layer of pizza sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan on top of pizza sauce.
- Carefully roll the dough, starting with the long edge. Begin cutting the rolled dough into 2" thick pieces. To get even pieces, cut the roll in half and then cut those two halves in half and so on until each piece is approximately 2".
Air Fryer Method
- Follow the steps above to make rolls.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit inside the air fryer basket.
- Heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of each roll-up. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Follow the above steps to make the rolls.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a baking pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Place each roll flat on the prepared baking sheet. Top each one with pepperoni (or add cheese on top for cheese lovers.) Bake in the oven for 14-16 minutes until the crust is golden brown and cooked through the center.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn referral fees from products I love and recommend at no extra cost to you.